Hello Fallout mod developers my old friends!
I've been playing and modding Fallout, among other games, for 10+ years and I'd like to release an epic Fallout overhaul mod featuring the community's greatest hits, focusing on a few things:
- preserving the originally intended feel of the game (funny? scary?)
- believably expanding the game's content (factions, locations, NPCs, weapons, effects, etc)
- increasing scientific accuracy (health, needs, combat, communication, animations, recipes, SCIENCE, etc)
- closing the gap between YOU and 'the Player' (make your brain stop noticing that it's a game during gameplay)
- global interface (sort/combine menus, commands, hotkeys, etc)
- range of options (everyone's options attached to everyone's mods, can be adjusted to suit anyone's preference)
4. Providing a new platform for the modding community
- proof of concept of a sexy collaboration of hundreds of varied mods from different authors!!
- newly designed frameworks using the best parts of the best content to be further developed!!!
I've taught myself to use all the tools but I really can't get programming into my head. I've got a semi-decent example build right now (~200 mods to my liking and stable) but life has recently taught me that if I continue trying to do this all by myself, you'll be dead from old age before I have anything to post.
Let's think of it this way: I have designed blueprints for Liberty Prime but I can't build him without the Brotherhood!!
Tons of mods have open source permissions so I'm starting there! Any comments are appreciated, being down to help is appreciated more