Would like to play Mage support Templar

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

JohnnyQuest101

JohnnyQuest101

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 943 posts

I haven't played this game in a long time. Never really understood the approval system. My one and only time playing it I played Rogue recruited everyone and sided with mages.

Do I have to recruit everyone? Who can I leave out?

Do I have to help Anders or can I leave him out?

Can I just  NOT do Anders personal quest?

Who do I loose if I play a mage who supports the Templars? 

Can I be successful playing the direct aggressive Hawk and not the Diplomatic Hawk? I played Diplomatic already? 

When I played this before it was without mods and on PlayStation. I also have the PC version. 

Is there a mod that allows me to see the console commands like there was for DAO?

Pasquale1223

Pasquale1223

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 196 posts

I haven't played this game in a long time. Never really understood the approval system. My one and only time playing it I played Rogue recruited everyone and sided with mages.

Do I have to recruit everyone? Who can I leave out?

Fenris, Isabela, Sebastian are not required.

As for the approval system, it is essentially just re-interpreted so that low approval is the equivalent of high rivalry, and you can be best buds at either end. 

Do I have to help Anders or can I leave him out?

I think you're required to do his recruitment quest (meeting him at the Chantry at night) to proceed.

Can I just  NOT do Anders personal quest?

If you're talking about the favor he asks of Hawke in Act 3, you can skip it. 

Who do I loose if I play a mage who supports the Templars?

That really depends on approvals up to that point. 

Can I be successful playing the direct aggressive Hawk and not the Diplomatic Hawk? I played Diplomatic already?

I guess that depends on what you mean by successful? Any of the responses are viable.

JohnnyQuest101

JohnnyQuest101

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 943 posts

Thanks. I will try it out. So I need high rivalry or the other. I will try it. I guess I should make several saves to see how I can do it.

Pasquale1223

Pasquale1223

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 196 posts

Yeah, high friendship or rivalry.

If you want to know the approval impact for each quest or dialogue choice throughout the game, the wiki lists them.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.029 seconds