Miraak is unkillable.

Relativelybest

Ok I have been researching a solution like crazy for my problem. I know this thread is old but it definitely pertains to my issue. I'm having the ethereal miraak bug, but I'm not overdamaging him, I have disabled the unofficial patches too (had them on in the correct order too). Miraak is even the one absorbing the first soul and he returns to full health but stays invincible, I don't really even understand why this problem is occurring as my last character from two months ago Had no issues, but now after trying every known fix I'm at my wits end......

• 3 weeks later...

Best workaround:

Kill all 3 dragons before you even attack Miraak.

This way, Miraak SHOULD absorb the dragon souls without needing him to into scripts to absorb them i.e going Ethereal

Once all 3 dragons are dead and absorbed and you've dealt enough damage to Miraak, Hem. Mora SHOULD appear at the center and the scene should occur.

Accomplished this with the Unofficial patches installed and animations modded.

Ok I have been researching a solution like crazy for my problem. I know this thread is old but it definitely pertains to my issue. I'm having the ethereal miraak bug, but I'm not overdamaging him, I have disabled the unofficial patches too (had them on in the correct order too). Miraak is even the one absorbing the first soul and he returns to full health but stays invincible, I don't really even understand why this problem is occurring as my last character from two months ago Had no issues, but now after trying every known fix I'm at my wits end......

I had the exact same problem. I just wanted to post what I did to fix it in case anyone else has the same issue.

Problem:

What happened was after kicking Miraak's butt he goes ethereal in the middle, his health goes back to full, and he stays there. As for the dragons only 2 dragons can be seen. The missing one is Kruziikrel. He's the problem.

Solution:

1. Use dragonrend on Sahrotaar and kill him near Miraak for him to absorb the soul.

2. Push the tilde key ` to bring up the console

3. Use tcl to turn off colision

4. Use player.setav speedmult 500 to give yourself a speed boost

5. Run over to the dragon still flying in the sky, open the console again, click him and then type disable and hit enter. He should disappear.

6. Run way back over to the place you first met Sahrotaar. Kruziikrel should be lying dead there.

7. Run back to the book that takes you to the previous chapter of the dungeon and read it to go back.

8. Then click the book again to go back to the area you were just in. Kruziikrel should be warped to where Miraak is.

9. Run back to where Miraak is and open the console, click Kruziikrel and type resurrect and hit enter.

10. If Miraak doesn't kill Kruziikrel then kill him yourself.

This should allow Miraak to absorb the last soul he needs and continue the fight. If it doesn't work try letting him absorb the dragon you disabled. I couldn't because he was bugged and wouldn't respond to anything I did to him so I disabled him.

Edited by Insecure5082

• 2 months later...

For me, I absorb the dragon souls, not him. Once I damage him to where he turns ethereal and goes to the center, and there is the first dragon that lands and its soul goes to me. No matter what I do I always absorb the souls of the dead dragons. I have the "Dragonsoul Fix" (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/31685/?) mod installed and the unofficial skyrim patches.

Can anyone help me out? Is there a fix for this glitch yet?

• 7 months later...

I found a solution. However, you have to skip the bossfight and the dialogue :( Use the console to type setstage DLC2MQ06 550. Miraak will disappear, quest will finish, black book will rise up. ONLY USE IT ONCE MIRAAK IS STUCK IN THE CENTER IN ETHEREAL FORM, OR ELSE NOTHING HAPPENS AND MIRAAK JUST STANDS THERE.

p.s. If the exit does not appear, use the command coc whiterun to return to Tamriel, then use additem and addspell or addshout to add any rewards to the quest you were not able to get.

p.p.s. I tried removing all my mods, but that did not fix it. But, plot twist, I enabled my mods again, and I slightly altered the load order accidentally while doing this, and everything went back to normal. So, it is a conflicting mod, but do not disable it, redo load order. I have no idea what caused it. So in conclusion, I spent time lookign for a fix, found a fix, but in the process of trying failed fixes, it fixed itself. Not sure if the universe hates me or loves me.

YOU'RE WELCOME

I found a solution. However, you have to skip the bossfight and the dialogue :sad: Use the console to type setstage DLC2MQ06 550. Miraak will disappear, quest will finish, black book will rise up. ONLY USE IT ONCE MIRAAK IS STUCK IN THE CENTER IN ETHEREAL FORM, OR ELSE NOTHING HAPPENS AND MIRAAK JUST STANDS THERE.

p.s. If the exit does not appear, use the command coc whiterun to return to Tamriel, then use additem and addspell or addshout to add any rewards to the quest you were not able to get.

p.p.s. I tried removing all my mods, but that did not fix it. But, plot twist, I enabled my mods again, and I slightly altered the load order accidentally while doing this, and everything went back to normal. So, it is a conflicting mod, but do not disable it, redo load order. I have no idea what caused it. So in conclusion, I spent time looking for a fix, found a fix, but in the process of trying failed fixes, it fixed itself. Not sure if the universe hates me or loves me.

YOU'RE WELCOME

• 2 weeks later...