Show off your desktop

Werne

Here is my desktop with some of my more played games.

(Thor, I see you have Unigine Valley on your desktop. How high does a 7970 crossfire setup score on FullHD@1080p? My laptop can just barely pull it off at 30.1fps average ;D . It is one nice looking benchmark)

http://oi36.tinypic.com/2vt1vr6.jpg

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

60 to 120fps :whistling: i could show you some benchmarks (: two 7950's oc'ed

http://oi37.tinypic.com/1zqgav5.jpg

Not bad i do say myself, i usually keep it around 4x tessellation for performance sake.

Edited by Thor.

That is one very nice score! It is safe to assume that you will be able to run any game released for next gen consoles with that.

Here is my benchmark. It is about half what you have (which is not too bad for a laptop [only a 330w psu feeding it]). I definitely wouldn't mind scores like that though ;D

http://oi34.tinypic.com/20ix45x.jpg

Looking forward to the latest games from the ps4 and so on, some say that for every other ps4 game to be released a pc port will follow :thumbsup:

Edited by Thor.

I have never really been a Hitman guy. I picked up this one because I was really in the mood for a stealth action game ;D . One of these days when I will have a bit more time I will have to pick up the earlier games in the series. Absolution looks great visually but it is too much action, not enough stealth.

At least they added a purist difficulty to give it some challenging sometimes because without it Absolution may as well be a run and gun.

60 to 120fps :whistling: i could show you some benchmarks (: two 7950's oc'ed

http://oi37.tinypic.com/1zqgav5.jpg

Not bad i do say myself, i usually keep it around 4x tessellation for performance sake.

Damn, I can't even start the Basic preset without my graphics card bursting in flames. Ah well, that comes with having a Radeon HD 4350 - museum exhibit edition. ;D

@BeyondTom, I like that wallpaper, it's colorful. And seeing the facial expression of that furry guy with a barrel, I think he might be high. :confused:

And I've made some adjustments to my desktop since my last post. I installed and configured AMD drivers (gave me a nice boost, 4200FPS on my desktop), changed the backgrounds to more... "interesting" ones, adjusted font size, adjusted Avant dock icons size and tweaked the panel a bit so I can hide it to left/right when needed. New looks (not for kids and old guys with heart problems):

Main workspace.

Screenshot-5.png

All workspaces.

Screenshot-6.png

Told you the backgrounds are more interesting now. :biggrin:

It is Brewmaster (Warcraft, though it is a dota desktop). Your probably not too far off with the facial expression. Brewmaster sure does like to drink!

I got a really good laugh from your new desktop. Truly a desktop of kings ;D

(I will eventually switch over to a Lunix distro, but I think I will have to wait for more of my games to work properly/the release of the steambox)

Oh yeah, I heard Steam Box will run on a Linux distro, not sure which one but I'm thinking either Debian or Ubuntu. Maybe it'll be some other Debian-based distro, I doubt they'll use Fedora or Slackware as base. And I find it refreshing, a company as big as Valve promoting Linux, it's a risky business move but it may prove profitable to both if they play their cards right. Not to mention they can lower the prices on Steam Box since Linux is free, no need to pay a license for the OS. Risky, but potentially profitable.

DOTA 2, I don't know how or why but I somehow have it in my purchased games on Steam, got no idea how it got there though since I never bought it. And if I recall correctly, Pandaren Brewmaster was a panda in Warcraft III, unless I'm mistaken which wouldn't surprise me. I miss Warcraft, I think I'll install it again and go destroy human cities with my army of undead.

And yes, it is a desktop of kings. Or a desktop of half-naked queens, depends on how you look at it. ;D