Ability to downvote mods

Bawah33

So I was wondering if we could get the ability to downvote mods ? Some mods are outdated and are no longer being supported and giving a thumb down would allow the mod* to go down in the search list so people do not encounter problems by downloading them. This would also represent the overall quality of the mod and give people a better view on the good/bad rating ratio.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by Bawah33

The site used to have a system that allowed something like that before, and it was heavily abused by people to push mods they disliked out of sight by presenting them with a bad reputation, or to promote their friends/favorite modders works by supressing other similar uploads.

We removed it to prevent such abuse.

We are looking to do more to encourage users to endorse the mods they liked, which should hopefully push up the download-to-endorsement ratio on mods. As Dante said, a public "downvote" option has and would be abused, so we won't be using that system.

Well this is such a shame... I find it working well on Steam Workshop. Thanks for your answer.

I've been on the receiving end of that, back when the Nexus had the 5 star rating system, way back when Bethesda had their old (and GOOD) forum.

I got into a disagreement there, and that person headed straight to the Nexus and one-starred every single one of my mods.

So, I vote NO.

You want old mods to go lower on the radar, start endorsing other mods to bump the old ones down instead.

Guest deleted34304850

So I was wondering if we could get the ability to downvote mods ? Some mods are outdated and are no longer being supported and giving a thumb down would allow the mod* to go down in the search list so people do not encounter problems by downloading them. This would also represent the overall quality of the mod and give people a better view on the good/bad rating ratio.

Thanks for reading.

wouldn't you much rather say something nice to someone about something?

Yeah honestly, I get where you are coming from but this seems way to open to abuse. Like has been said, people will just downvote everything they disagree with just like ends up happening any time a forum adds a dislike button. Just a nasty can of worms sadly.

Nah, no reason for an option to downvote a mod, except maybe to satisfy a form of entitlement because a fragile and juvenile mind has been 'hurt' and the world needs to know to what degree. I endorse every single mod I download, by default and very seldom take away that endorsement. It happens, but only on mods that really, really don't work at all under any circumstance.

On the contrary, I urge for a system where a mod can be endorsed more than once when an upgrade has been posted. Sadly, the vote thing seems to be connected to the modpage and not to the file(s) on that page...