Looking for a better experience

schanez

Hi there. I recently started to play Fallout 3 and am curently looking for some better graphics for the game. I read some of the already existing topics here about lifting the look of the game, but none of them is fresh and they link to diferent mods. I am looking for some higher resolution textures and better meshes for characters, and considering there are several diferent mods for that I would like to ask more experienced modders and/or players for help.

That's what cought my eye so far:

- Redesigned

- Babe MK3 female Body

- Armor Meshes for Babe MK3

The mods I am looking for does not have to be adult only, in fact I would prefer they weren't. I am just looking to get better looks.

Another question, is there any safe way to install all the mods? Most of them have as requirements another mod.

PS.

I see some of the users have issues... I have never seen so many diferent nude mods for female characters ;P Oversized brests, oiled skin, animated prostitution... take your pick.

In general, texture packs by NMC are a must-have.

For armors, you could disassemble Fallout 3 Retextured and use what you want/need.

For weapons, I recommend Hi-Res Weapons over Millenia's WRP, even though Millenia's textures are better only 6 guns are done and it's incompatible with some mods like WMK since it also replaces your meshes ( some guns have changed UVs).

Characters, I use Type 3 with BEWARE OF GIRL textures for females and Breeze's body for males.

That's all I know when it comes to texture packs and charcters, the rest I know of are small mods retexturing one or two things.

Edited by Werne

Will the NMC mod won't work along the Retextured? Are some of the textures overlaping? I will look for some guide on how to disasemble the mods.

Will it be necessary to use some new meshes for armor with a new body type mod? Like the one i postet above.

PS.

Thank you for the fast reply :)

Will the NMC mod won't work along the Retextured? Are some of the textures overlaping? I will look for some guide on how to disasemble the mods.

Some textures from FO3 Retextured do overlap with NMCs. I personally prefer konji's textures, they go nicely with NMCs and look better to me. And they can work along each other, they're textures, not plugins.

And by disassembling mods (when it comes to texture packs), I meant extracting the archive, removing what you don't want to use and then repacking what you do in a zip/rar archive.

Will it be necessary to use some new meshes for armor with a new body type mod?

If Babe MK3 uses vanilla UV maps, no. If it doesn't, yes.

The armor meshes themselves are just 3D geometry, it's the UV maps that matter when it comes to that.

Unless the body has ginormous breasts, then you need meshes.

Edited by Werne