Texture issues with service rifle replacer

DJL2011

I am using the BOE New Vegas Edition mod for a weapon re-placer. One of the replacements is changing the Service Rifle to an m4 carbine, although in the readme for the mod it says that the service rifle has been changed to a m16. This bugged me for awhile until I realized I had previously downloaded a mod that added a m16 to the game. I thought that replacing the BOE m4 with the other mods m16 would be pretty simple (replace the .nif and .dds files) but I am running into a problem. When I go to the weapon in the GECK and right click, preview, the gun looks fine in the GECKs preview window, but when I load up my game I get the chameleon like texture issue where the gun takes on the colors of what ever is around it. I have read this is usually caused by an incorrect texture path or missing texture, but the textures are all there and in the same folder as the original replacers textures were. I am not particularly knowledgeable about mods, besides how to install them and uninstall them so any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,