338 replies to this topic

Site Bot

Site Bot

Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440,590 posts
Raid Mode - Play with all your friends

Raid Mode is a drop-in BepInEx mod that simplifies playeing Outward with more than merely one of your friends. You can play with a whole party of people! It scales up the difficulty automatically as people join and fixes some bugs and nuances that playing with modded player count limits used to have.

eachisown

eachisown

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
If this works then this is great, honestly the devs should just up the count to 3-4 it doesn't seem like much extra work.

But more importantly how does this compare to the already existing multiplayer mod? Is it any better/less buggy/more reliable?

iopasdg7

iopasdg7

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
If this // steamapps\common\Outward\BepInEx\plugins Is it right to put ??

SpicerXD

SpicerXD

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 186 posts
In response to post #89196713.

Spoiler

Yes, that is the correct directory to put the mod. :) Just make sure you have BepInEx installed.

SpicerXD

SpicerXD

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 186 posts
In response to post #89192393.

Spoiler

They did try to have more players during development. Which is the only reason I can easily make this mod, cause this mod just does some small fixes and changes to get the existing code working. But they found it hard to balance while preserving the original feel. Not to mention it puts a lot of load on their limited netcode and would make bugtesting excruciating. So going that route with such a small team would be suicide in terms of getting a clean final product. It's hard enough for them to fix the issues they have now with such a big game. XD

My mod fixes some bugs and annoyances with bigger parties that go unaddressed by other mods. And without this mod, you'd have to combine mods and specially configure them to make them emulate what this does to even just a limited extent. I add lots of detailed changes to make co-op with large parties feel as official as possible. Cause before it was a mess I found tedious to do. xD I really wanted a drop-in solution. :)

BulletFalcon

BulletFalcon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Will the 2 player co-op be better with this though? Will it become harder and will it  reduce the animation slowdown that occurs when an enemy is hit?

SpicerXD

SpicerXD

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 186 posts
In response to post #89241348.

Spoiler

It doesn't have any affect on 2 player sessions.

Edited by SpicerXD, 15 January 2021 - 06:48 PM.

treviyon

treviyon

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I just want to say thanks man!

KnightofHoly

KnightofHoly

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Might be a dumb question but when i download this mod, can i got ahead and delete the custom multiplayer limit and all my friends can still join as long as we all have this mod? or am i the only one who needs this mod and it will allow them to join my session like the other mod?

Edited by KnightofHoly, 17 January 2021 - 10:09 PM.

Scorpio588

Scorpio588

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
In response to post #89355478.

Spoiler

+1
Also would like to know how this compares/differs from the "Custom Multiplayer Limit" mod.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.146 seconds