Request: Clear Activity Restrictions (details inside)

Gaal

I'm not exactly sure how it is referenced here, but we've all been there I'm sure. You're in an area that, for some crazy reason, turns off your ability to jump (using any enhancements that it), pull out a weapon, etc. Usually, when you leave the area that has this restricted field, it returns your ability to do these things. However, on occasion, the game can get stuck into thinking you still need to be restricted and will not clear the effect. Even if you enter a restricted area, then leave again, it will still not clear the restriction. Quitting and reloading? Nope, still restricted. Only cure, so far, is to reload from a save before the initial restriction was applied.

I imagine there has to be a way to modify a variable somewhere that controls what the player is allowed to do so that, when this bug appears, the player can clear the restrictions and be allowed to play the game again. As a bonus, perhaps, this could be used to enable these actions in restricted zones.

As a programmer I can see many ways in which this could be achieved. However modding this game, and doing so with LUA lacking an IDE to assist me, is really stumping me a ton. This bug has appeared for me a total of 6 times in the last two days and appears to be getting worse the further into the game I go. I would appreciate any thoughts, or a mod to be released which addresses this.