ironmonkbr

Introduction:

This mod adds a little of immersion by making it possible that your (or NPCs) houses get robbed while you aren't at home.

This leads to a investigative quest where the player needs to look for clues inside his house. These clues will take the player to some NPC in the vicinity where he will look for information regarding robbers and his clue. This can lead to another NPC for more information or directly to the culprit and/or his hideout.

The longer the player takes to recover his stuff, the less he will recover, because the robbers will have sold a few things already.

This mod can be expanded in a way that investigation/recovery of stolen stuff of NPCs can be done by the player, this is a new way to make money and do justice in skyrim and earn some rewards as well.

Probability of being robbed:
- The longer you stay without visiting your home, higher is the chance of being robbed.
- the more famous the player is, higher is the chance of being robbed.
- if there is a housecarl or wife staying at the house, the chance is reduced.

Well, thats it... a simple mod that can add a little bit of immersion and fun to skyrim ^^

• 2 weeks later...

Fallout 3 had some kind of travelling NPC mod which also added pickpockets to the game who actually stole your money when they bumped into you and then ran away. Combined with a bank mod I really had the fear of losing money so I deposited a lot of money. Banks had a reason to be there. I think this mechanic would be an awesome addition to your idea.

Interesting idea, but a few questions:

- Can you reduce the odds of being robbed by adding locks, traps, hidden rooms etc.?

- Will artifacts, and other unique items, have a chance to disappear ór be easier to retrace (being so recognizable)?

- Can other house-owners turn the tables on you and retrace their belongings?

- Will being a thieves guild member reduce the likelyhood of being robbed/improve the chance of recovery?

• 4 months later...