Rymdapa

Exploring the Fallout landscapes for the first time is the best part of the game and when it's all found it gets kinda dull. Wouldn't it be nice to turn off the locations on the map until you've found it like in the beginning of the game?

One thing that bugs me with the game is the amount of invisible walls that prevent you from squeezing through a window that you fit through, jumping from a wall or when you're climbing up a rock. Does anyone know a mod that lets you ignore them noclip-style?

Exploring the Fallout landscapes for the first time is the best part of the game and when it's all found it gets kinda dull. Wouldn't it be nice to turn off the locations on the map until you've found it like in the beginning of the game?

One thing that bugs me with the game is the amount of invisible walls that prevent you from squeezing through a window that you fit through, jumping from a wall or when you're climbing up a rock. Does anyone know a mod that lets you ignore them noclip-style?

http://fallout3.nexusmods.com/mods/15877

The mod is for F3 vanilla. THe OP ask in a New Vegas forum , so I assume he want aFNV mod. So do I, by the way. DOes that mod work for FNV?

Wouldn't it be nice to turn off the locations on the map until you've found it like in the beginning of the game?

That mod contains the answers to his question above in orange, it applies to all games "The code" not the mod.

As stated very clearly in that sentence.

THe OP ask in a New Vegas forum

So what? All games have that code.

so I assume he want aFNV mod.<-----???????

You can do what you want but information was given to direct all of you as to how to fix things and the ONLY source on this planet for these games in that very mod. download it, open it up, and study it, use the code and how it is applied to any games that exhibit these problems.

DOes that mod work for FNV?

The answer is you must build your own to suite you for which ever game you have. I thought the point of a mod site is to learn to mod the games and the resources given by modders here are your only tools.

That mod was built with the geck, it has been stripped down to only the source code. You DO NOT use it in New Vegas, you use the NV geck with that game and build you own mod using the methods this mod shows you. Capeche' ?

Kitty. :cool: :biggrin:

devinpatterson, on 27 Mar 2013 - 13:22, said:

I wonder if this might just be as easy as simply deleting those forms for the col planes? Something to try in the geck, if you don't want to delete each one by hand.....hmmm I wonder what the fallout would be for a shortcut like that?

good luck with that thought and attempt, it's been tried, with massive failures. these particular walls are the ones the game used for staging events, are the only ones that are effected by long game play and MUST remain in the game, OR it's crash city. as far as others in the game serve dual purposes and are not subjected to this problem. Each game must be coded with any DLC's they have in full.

What I have been shown first hand with a game saved with over 400 + hours on it, with these walls tells me, there is no other way to fix this bug. its' not written into the game, it's a result of time and game code usage that changes this. I understand what it means when a quest stage completes, once done, it's done. and the data for it remains in the file only the saved game references are stored as canceled out, these walls are constantly sought after. Deleting things serves no purpose. The method used as I was just informed is in the view windows while using the geck, I can tell you it's 15 walls per session of the geck. If you keep the geck open too long or it tries to save in the middle of a wall programing session, the data gets corrupted By the geck. so it's important to keep that in mind. Best time setting for single / multiple object editing is 15 minutes. Use a stop clock with a bell and keep you mind on the time. I tried it my self just for kicks, and the author is correct, I messed up a lot. Time setting and closing out the geck under that window of time creates a perfect code. clean too.

Kitty.

Edited by Purr4me

Not sure I understand the whole thread, but this mod might help the OP : http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/48511.

I have no problem with it, but it should be placed low in LO, after the mods that change landscape. Not sure you can jump through windows, but a lot of annoying invisible walls are gone.

And for the map markers, this is a HARDCORE version : http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/46795. No more map markers... at all !