Khajiit Head Shape Issue

K1ngCraft

Just to ease some of the confusion, keep in mind the Rule of One, and what happens in the absence of required Bash Tags.

Did you take a look at what changes OCOv2 might have introduced into the Khajiit racial settings, especially the "default" head shape attributes for the race? They're talking of Nuska having changed them a lot, so I guess that's what was done. You now loading a different plugin but also changing the Khajiit race in any way, chances are extremely high it will revert Nuska's shape changes back to Vanilla Oblivion's in fact, and even if its own function is simply to change head texture paths.

The shape changes weren't done to the head "mesh" but to the settings for the race's base shape, where all alterations done in CharGen just add to or remove from. And with this we're back at plugin conflicts 101.

Just looked at the base OCO v2 Khajiit head mesh, and compared it to the ones included in Seamless Khats and they are as close to identical as I can tell with my Mark I eyeballs ... without a doubt not even remotely close to the head shape shown in the Seamless Khats screenshot.

All I can suggest is to copy/paste the OCO v2 Khajiit head meshes from it's extracted download and overwrite those found in your game's Data\Meshes\Characters\khajiit folder (actually being the type I am I would delete the ones that would be overwritten first, but then again if there's a hard way to do anything I will find it).

OK ... something I caught before I hit post ... this time no edit tango ...

Even though Blockhead opens up the possibility of different male and female head meshes that possibility isn't explored in OCO v2 for Khajiits or Argonians (it is for the other races ... Nuska had no love for the critter folk I guess). Now Seamless Khats and Args (as well as Seamless OCOv2) does include separate head meshes for male and female (though once again I can't see one lick of difference between them in NifSkope). Maybe the way to go would be to try using Seamless OCOv2 as the source for the copy/paste/overwrite exercise.

I use some of the Seamless series stuff in my game but I'm a cherry picker and so I only have the bits I wanted (and for some time now I've had a personalized "install folder" that includes a lot of different Strikerized stuff like my Seamless picks and "NoMaaM for Striker" etc, so I don't have any recollection of what I picked and what I didn't).

Bottom line ... the head shape you have in your screenshot starts out as a file named headkhajiit.nif in your game's Data\Meshes\Characters\khajiit folder (and you'll need to be looking for headkhajiit_F.nif and headkhajiit_M.nif as well ... Blockhead will use those if it finds them). Replace those files with alternatives until you arrive somewhere you like.

Heya Drake and Striker,

So the problem came back once I continued installing the rest of my character mods..

I'm very new to Wyre Bash so I don't know what you mean by Bash Tags, Drake. I understand now what you mean by the chargen changing the head shape, I think.

Anyway I can force Wyre Bash to use the shape from OCOv2? I'm going to try what Striker suggested with deleting the other Khajiit files.

If you are using Wrye Bash to install the mods then be aware that the order from top to bottom shown on the Installers tab is the order in which WB installs the mods (starts at the top and works it's way down).

Just noticed something from your original post that I should have addressed sooner.

In the vanilla game the female Khajiits are assigned the male Khajiit foot texture. This doesn't cause any issues in the vanilla game as a foot is a foot is a foot in vanilla and covers just that ... a foot. HGEC however uses the foot texture file to cover all of the body excluding the hands. Now a foot is an arm, and a leg, and a torso ... doesn't work out too well to say the least. When we brought Nuska up to speed on "the Khajiit problem" the quick fix (and this wasn't something new ... the same solution has been used by a number of HGEC variants/fixes) was to assign female Khajiit the foot texture found in Data\Textures\Characters\khajiit\female (instead of the male folder) and provide the appropriate files (in the case of OCO v2 for both vanilla Khajiit females and HGEC Khajiit females). This all happened early in the development cycle for OCO v2 and at that time was a separate download (ESP replacer only at that time) and eventually as the scope of the Khajiit problem was realised Nuska incorporated it (and other fixes) in the version 2.03 download.

Long story short is if you use version 2.03 you don't need to have the separate Khajiit Fix at all.

I'm not sure what in all is included with Slof's Khajiit stuff, but what you want to install will be just textures ... no ESP. Now something else to be aware of is Slof doesn't use or support (in fact forbids) HGEC. If you're going Slof you're also going all in with Roberts (i.e. both male and female).

There are ways to stick handle around this, where you have HGEC (including HGEC female Khajiit textures) for all but the player character (Blockhead to the rescue) ... it'll just take some manual copy/paste/renaming after setting up the correct folder structure.

Sorry, another lengthy post but this isn't a subject that lends itself to short answers.

And another edit before I actually hit the Post button ...

And bash tags are a feature that WB provides for load order (different than install order) management to allow a mod higher in your load order to still win the battle of "the Rule of One" in cases of conflicting mods. Oblivion_Character_Overhaul.esp doesn't seem to have any assigned via the file header (nothing shows in the CS Data dialogue Summary box anyways). The BOSS masterlist assigns the following ... TAG: {{BASH: Eyes, NpcFaces, R.Head, R.Mouth}} ... can't say whether or not LOOT does. If push comes to shove they can be assigned using Wrye Bash.

If you are using Wrye Bash to install the mods then be aware that the order from top to bottom shown on the Installers tab is the order in which WB installs the mods (starts at the top and works it's way down).

Just noticed something from your original post that I should have addressed sooner.

In the vanilla game the female Khajiits are assigned the male Khajiit foot texture. This doesn't cause any issues in the vanilla game as a foot is a foot is a foot in vanilla and covers just that ... a foot. HGEC however uses the foot texture file to cover all of the body excluding the hands. Now a foot is an arm, and a leg, and a torso ... doesn't work out too well to say the least. When we brought Nuska up to speed on "the Khajiit problem" the quick fix (and this wasn't something new ... the same solution has been used by a number of HGEC variants/fixes) was to assign female Khajiit the foot texture found in Data\Textures\Characters\khajiit\female (instead of the male folder) and provide the appropriate files (in the case of OCO v2 for both vanilla Khajiit females and HGEC Khajiit females). This all happened early in the development cycle for OCO v2 and at that time was a separate download (ESP replacer only at that time) and eventually as the scope of the Khajiit problem was realised Nuska incorporated it (and other fixes) in the version 2.03 download.

Long story short is if you use version 2.03 you don't need to have the separate Khajiit Fix at all.

I'm not sure what in all is included with Slof's Khajiit stuff, but what you want to install will be just textures ... no ESP. Now something else to be aware of is Slof doesn't use or support (in fact forbids) HGEC. If you're going Slof you're also going all in with Roberts (i.e. both male and female).

There are ways to stick handle around this, where you have HGEC (including HGEC female Khajiit textures) for all but the player character (Blockhead to the rescue) ... it'll just take some manual copy/paste/renaming after setting up the correct folder structure.

Sorry, another lengthy post but this isn't a subject that lends itself to short answers.

And bash tags are a feature that WB provides for load order (different than install order) management to allow a mod higher in your load order to still win the battle of "the Rule of One" in cases of conflicting mods. Oblivion_Character_Overhaul.esp doesn't seem to have any assigned via the file header (nothing shows in the CS Data dialogue Summary box anyways). The BOSS masterlist assigns the following ... TAG: {{BASH: Eyes, NpcFaces, R.Head, R.Mouth}} ... can't say whether or not LOOT does. If push comes to shove they can be assigned using Wrye Bash.

Thanks for the indept responce.

Given the fact I mentioned ealier how the khajiitfix.esp did cause some issues. Maybe removing it will fix the issues. I didn't know that OCOv2.03 has it built in not needing the khajiitfix.esp. That might be the issues overall. I'm going to try that now.

Thanks for the indept responce.

Given the fact I mentioned ealier how the khajiitfix.esp did cause some issues. Maybe removing it will fix the issues. I didn't know that OCOv2.03 has it built in not needing the khajiitfix.esp. That might be the issues overall. I'm going to try that now.

I wasn't thinking/suggesting along those lines. Depending on which order you install (read over the part about Wrye Bash and the Installers tab) you will either have version 2.03 Oblivion_Character_Overhaul.esp (which includes all of the fixes up to the last and latest before Nuska left Nexus) or you will have an Oblivion_Character_Overhaul.esp that includes the Khajiit fix but doesn't include all of the fixes that came along afterwards (look at the upload dates on all of the downloads available on the OCO v2 mod page Files tab to get an idea of what would then be "missing" if you install the Khajiit fix after version 2.03).

My point was do not use the Khajiit fix download at all ... it's in the Old Files section for a reason.