Alternative Enchanting with Atronach Forge / Imbuing Chamber logic

RMan1989

I wanted to share my idea for a alternative enchanting method which would use the Atronach Forge / Imbuing Chamber logic. That is, you put several items in, and get a different item in return. How could it work:

The recipes would require:

- speciffic weapons, which would speciffy the weapons type and material

- Soul Gems, which would specify the magnitude of the enchantment (petty for the weakest, grand, or black for the strongets)

- gemstones, which would allow to specify what enchantment do you want

- And possibily some other ingriedients for speciffic items, in case of rare, or expesive enhantments, to make it a bit more difficult (ores, alchemical ingriedients f. e.).

For example if one would want a Orcish Dagger of Vampire, one would need to use:

- a Grand Soul Gem (Grand) since it's a lvl 5 enchanment

- an Orcish Dagger

- a, let's say flawless ruby,

- possibly some other items, since it's more of a rare enchantment

The advantages are I believe visible: access to more powerfull enhanted items without the need of spending skill points in enchanting.

The disadvantages would be that it wouldn't level enchanting, one wouldn't be able to change the item's name, it would require more ingriedients, and ultimately the enchantmets won't be as powerfull as in case of a master enchanter.

One thing it wound require is a new crafting station to do this, since it's a different type of creating items.

What do you whink of this?