Puzzling new quest: Skirmish At Whiterun

anjenthedog

**Ok... nvm . This was a red herring. I just had to wait a day.

The best I've found so far is references to "Battle for Whiterun", which shouldn't apply to me, since I'm not aligned with either the Imperials or Stormcloaks, although the Thalmor are a different matter.

Anyway, I woke up and went outside, where I was approached by a different kind of courier (some Whiterun guard chick) who told me to read a note which told me to go to the Whiterun Eastern Watchtower to meet Thane Hroa Hearth Healer, but when I get there, he's not although the quest marker is.

So, mainly I'm here because I can't find any references (maybe I'm searching wrong, idk) and am hoping someone can point me to one or at least clarify if this is something civil war-ish, because I haven't
"signed up" for the civil war and purposely avoid getting myself involved at every juncture. I have no desire to participate in the civil war. (in other words, I won't wait 24 hours, or log off and log on, or all the other tricks we do for quests that don't fire immediately IFF it's a civil war lead )

If this is one of those quests intended to drag the player into the civil war content, I'd just as soon ignore it, and if not, I'd like to investigate how to fix the marker-seen, actor-missing issue.

thanks for reading. Any ideas, suggestion welcome.

A quest added by a mod?

I don't think so. I installed beyond Reach ~ a month ago, but other than that I haven't installed any quest mods in a long time. It showed up when I entered the game today after installing the latest XPMSSE, but that has to be coincidence.

Maybe it's from Beyond Reach, but I'm not sure why it would be.

edit: just checked arnima.esm using SSEEdit and didn't find it listed there.

(or in Dawnguard, Dragonborn, Skyrim, or Update)

hmm...obviously something added it. I'll keep searching

edit: added quest text

• 9 months later...