Touching the Sky Vyrthur stays at throne

Zerin99

I'm at the end of the quest Touching the Sky where you confront Arch-Curate Vyrthur. The battle with his frozen minions seems to go okay except the temple doesn't start falling apart. I defeat everything and it goes into a cut scene where he destroys the temple and your character is knocked to the floor. After the cut scene Arch-Curate Vyrthur stands up but doesn't leave the throne. Serana runs out to the balcony and starts to have the conversation with Vyrthur. They get a few sentences each into the conversation but then they just stop. Is there something I need to do beforehand or could I have a problem with one of my mods? Is there a way to bypass the conversation?

Is this an offical quest, or part of a mod?

And do you have the unofficial patches installed for your version of the game?

:smile:

It's part of the Dawnguard quests, it's the one to get Aureil's bow. And I have the Unofficial Skyrim Patch installed.

Oh, it sounds like something may have been borked by a mod, assuming you never mess with console commands for setting quest stages. That could also mess things up.

I never actually finished Dawnguard as I was too busy hunting in the wilderness and catching butterflies!

Sorry I can't help! :(