Weird crash with Nikon Movie Editor

abhorsen211

Hello Nexus forums,

I was recently struggling with some strange bug that made my character block all the time, whenever I drew my weapon. It didn't stop and I couldn't sheathe it again.

At first I thought Deadly Reflex v5 was causing that, but apparently it wasn't.

I was searching for the evil scheme behind this, but finally I gave up and deinstalled Oblivion completely, deleting every single mod as well.

Now, thinking I might come to be happy with my new fresh, clean install, I am facing a new mysterious error.

Whenever I start Oblivion (both Standard Launcher or OBSE) I get a CTD after the Bethesda intro, facing an InstallShield error message:

"Install error! Nikon Movie Editor failed to install." or something like that.

I tried reinstalling everything again, but not to avail.

I hope someone around here has a helpful idea.

Thank you in advance.

Forgot to say: I deleted Nikon Movie Editor and every other Nikon program from my computer weeks ago, because I sold my Camera.

I can't find any track of it anywhere. Neither in the Oblivion directory, nor in the Nikon directory (there is none).

• 1 year later...

This is an incredibly late reply, but anyway. I literally am facing this exact problem, though it's with Fallout 3! I uninstalled Nikon movie editor, and now when ever I start Fallout 3, I get a crash to desktop with the install wizard saying it there was an error with removing nikon movie editor!

I found that for some reason, within the task manager, when i click on the install wizard error and click 'take to process' it highlights fallout 3?! Bizarre! I have no idea why, something definitely went wrong with the uninstall. I am trying to find other options now to fix this. I cannot uninstall again in program files, even though nikon movie editor still shows up, the uninstall option is not there?

Ok Fixed. Didn't take long! I fixed it by finding the ViewNX2 disc that installed all the features for the camera 'Including the Nikon Movie Editor'. I basically just installed the disc again, it must have repaired the nikon movie editor and now my game works fine. I didn't really need the program anymore but I will leave it seein as my game works fine and Nikon Mov Edit isnt a BIG program.

If you cannot find your disc, trying downloading it from Nikon Site maybe? OR try this http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/nikon-movie-editor-uninstall-problem/203248.html

In that link a bloke mentions having to open regedit from start menu and finding all the Nikon Movie Editor keys and deleting them. I didn't want to do this as If you are unfamiliar with using regedit, you can possibly stuff your pc up.

Good luck if you ever read this and still have the problem LOL!