More commenting options for mod authors

Dark0ne

Sounds like a great idea! As a mod user, I would love to be able to quickly find the thread that references my specific problem instead of having to weed through the many comments to find my one small thing. Mods like Karmas Companions in Dragon Age: Origins will benefit immensely from this. Thanks!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to find the guy who wrote this and buy him a cheeseburger.

The Nexus could use an official Noob Video just like over at XDA forums. A cleaver little quip that lays down rules like this to keep everything efficient, and most of all useful. Keep those damn noobs from taking the whole place over. Making me scan through some pissing match about a pissing match just to find a simple fix, or reference.

Edited by Higherleopards

Thanks for this, Dark0ne! I think discussions are very useful but, as you say, people didn't use them because they had the comments thread. Happy Easter to you and all the Nexus team :)

Saw this new blurb and tried making a forum thread for issues and concerns on one of my mods but it only had five views 3 days later. I think people want to place their comments where the most people will see them so they gravitate towards the main thread. I think it's a grand idea to create different threads in theory but in practice people don't use them for whatever reason. I can safely say that 90 percent of my mod users with minor issues are just not bothering to read the mod description or sticky's. It can be very frustrating at times answering the same question over and over again but then again the Nexus is of many cultures and languages so I take those into consideration when I read and reply to a users comments or concerns. My point is that even I created a sticky with a link to the forum for problems and issues only about 40% of the people using my mod would bother looking at it and probably half that would use it. Edited by FalmerBane

That leaves the problem of misusing the discussion. I believe most of those who leave comments would just drop their posts in the first available section. I am going to remove comments from all my mods and replace them with discussions.

The reason I am sharing my mods is to gather useful feedback. That mean ideas how to improve and expand my mods. I am not interested in requests like 'could you make this compatible with my favorite bikini mod' or 'if you don't provide this, I am not going to download'. Or asking questions answered in mod documentation. I'd like to keep such users far away from my mods. They could take their endorsements somewhere else, as far as I am concerned.

That leads to to my next question. Will there be a penalty for those who post off topic ? Will there be a penalty for people who post in wrong discussion section ? Will there be a way to report such people ?