MO2 doesn't ask if I want to overwrite

kvanbiljon01

I'm following a modding guide and they say to install a mod and in MO2 I should select no to overwriting. When I install it on MO2 though it doesn't ask me if I want to overwrite or not. Am I missing something or is there a way to enable the option? If not, how do I stop a mod from overwriting the files before it?

Not sure what guide you are following but MO2 does not normally overwrite any files when installing mods. Each mod archive can be installed to its own folder and the order of those folders (left window) determines the priority of loading. This mimics the same layering effect that careful manual mod installing would achieve by overwriting conflicting files in a certain order.

In all honesty, you need to pay more attention to what names you give the mod folders when installing the archives. If you give the same name to two different archives, MO2 will ask if you want to Merge, Replace or Rename.

Merge = add the second to the first with the second overwriting any conflicting files from the first

Replace = wipe out the first completely leaving only the second

Rename = change the name of the second and make a new folder