Couldn't resist - Installed CSE

That's awesome, Pellape.

I'm not familiar with how to do this for my self. Can you explain how we do it?

I assume I just can edit the Launch CSE.bat to say what you've written. But what about the top box? I don't have a Oblivion.bat. Do I create it my self?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, just copy the text from the first box and put it in the CSE Launch.bat or make a new bat file and call it CSE.bat and the text in the second box, you just copy and put in a textfile you name Oblivion.bat

What you need to edit is the patch to where your game is so you must edit

cd "<Your path>\Oblivion"

The command cd = Change Directory in both Unix and MS-DOS :wink:

Example:

cd i:\Games\Oblivion

rem ;   or

cd "C:\Program Files\Oblivion"

Damn, I just recalled: If you have your game on a different drive than C:, you must change drive before you do a cd so lets say you have the game on drive D:

D:
cd D:\Oblivion

NOTE

Notepad wants to add txt in the end of every file it saves so be sure you click the *.txt in the save window and change it to *.* or your files will be named CSE.bat.txt and Oblivion.bat.txt and then they will not work.

If your files gets named bat.txt, just rename them by checking hidden extensions in File Explorer or rename them from CMD with

ren Oblivion.bat.txt Oblivion.bat

ren CSE.bat.txt CSE.bat

Background

Before windows came 1991, we used loads of bat files in MS-DOS and I still do... :wink: What I made first in my first MS-DOS based comp was of course to make menus to start different applications with, all in the bat form or rather batch form which is the proper name. Well I did had a graphic computer as well, Atari ST and later several different Atari computers but my first one did not have a mouse, the 8-bit Atari 130XE which I still have on my desk by the way.

Edited by Pellape

Well tell me how it goes, as it is not that complicated really and if you do not get it working, I will solve it most likely.

If you wanna know exact what happens:

REM = Remark which works exact as ; in ini files and many script languages

REN = Rename -> Rename "this file" "to that file"

CD = Change directory

X: = Change drive from C: to X: as CMD (former MS-DOS) always start at C: by default

Notepad = Execute Notepad :wink:

Notepad atextfile.bat = Start notepad with a file called atextfile.bat

Edited by Pellape

My bug report I made was closed as he does not consider it as a bug. So he thinks it is alright to slow others games down? It made a huge impact for my game performance for sure.

He should have this hat 50905320308_efe5a3ff02_o.png

Edited by Pellape

Cool. :)

It is still odd that the author do not see what wonders those bat files are doing. I bet he like to have a slow game. It could matter though if he run a super new computer with 4 cores and the best Nvidia Graphic card, then he might not notice it. His DLL's might also have other abilities that I do not know about that he likes to use when he is playing? I prefer if the game just run smooth, not like walking in butter. I do use a simple AMD Graphic card at this laptop after all.

I honestly would never ever run vanilla CS again.

Especially as CSE has achievements.

Try to alter a base game Dialogue Topic by adding a new response into the "Add Topic" field.

The CSE will inform you about you being dumb. XDDDDDD

Adding new responses to a base game topic should only be done in the result script of said topic.

With the command

"AddTopic <your new topic>".

I even unlocked the achievement, where it tells you that you are using the CSE for a few hours without having it crashing. XD

CSE-Achievement.jpg?width=839&height=619