Couldn't resist - Installed CSE

Yes it does if you edit both files and add your path to both files and run

• Oblivion.bat -> To launch the game
  • Launch CSE.bat -> To launch the CSE

If you added new copies of the files, these 2 bat files will no longer work as then you have double versions of the dll files, 1 dll and 1 dlx. Lets make one example with te enb dll. If you have both

• d3d9.dll
  • d3d9.dlx

in your folder, then the batches cant rename any of them as you can only rename a file if it doesn't exist as rename but there are of course ways to solve this in the batch files them self but then they will also get more complicated and I do like to keep them simple. They are not fool pro as you can start the game or CSE other ways and do not do that if you wanna use those simple batches. Renaming the extension will make the file useless and that is the whole point, making them useless until you need them again.

I did noticed I did not change the pathes back to what they where supposed to be after I made my posting about them as I launch them with 2 shortcuts, so I saw the error messages yesterday first but ignored them as the shortcuts do start in the Oblivion folder so they works for me no matter what but do check your pathes at line 4 in each of the 2 files. I did correct my own files yesterday so now I get no error messages.

So how can we make the files completely fool proof if someone ends up having double files?

If Exist is a damn useful command in old DOS and we can set variables as well of course and use goto labels. So I could expand these 2 bat files by checking if one file do exist in 2 versions as in one dll and one dlx and if both exist than I could add a delete one of them row. But then again, the file will get more complex. So what ye say? Shall we try it?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@JustChill

I did look at your code there, and to me it looks like you increase a number and decrease the other. This could be done more optimal with a Loop I think.... :wink: Just a tip from the coach.

Set Vdecrease to 100
Set Vincrease to 100

while ( Vdecrease > 0 )

If ( Vdecrease == yyy.yyy )
		Let xxx.xxx := Vdecrease
		Let yyy.yyy := Vincrease
	Endif

Set Vdecrease to Vdecrease - 1
	Set Vincrease to Vincrease + 1
Loop

And all exceptions when you use -9 could be done as you did there with a static number, so use the benefit of the short variable well if you like optimizing that is. :wink: I use a lot of loops in my scripts but it do require OBSE or (xOBSE)

Hmmm. I am newly awoken and I started to think. It is checks you do in a quest, so then the loop is pointless and useless... I keep the code there anyway as it might be useful for something else... No it is not useless as it can still be done that way.

Edited by Pellape

Yes it does if you edit both files and add your path to both files and run

• Oblivion.bat -> To launch the game
  • Launch CSE.bat -> To launch the CSE

If you added new copies of the files, these 2 bat files will no longer work as then you have double versions of the dll files, 1 dll and 1 dlx. Lets make one example with te enb dll. If you have both

• d3d9.dll
  • d3d9.dlx

in your folder, then the batches cant rename any of them as you can only rename a file if it doesn't exist as rename but there are of course ways to solve this in the batch files them self but then they will also get more complicated and I do like to keep them simple. They are not fool pro as you can start the game or CSE other ways and do not do that if you wanna use those simple batches. Renaming the extension will make the file useless and that is the whole point, making them useless until you need them again.

I did noticed I did not change the pathes back to what they where supposed to be after I made my posting about them as I launch them with 2 shortcuts, so I saw the error messages yesterday first but ignored them as the shortcuts do start in the Oblivion folder so they works for me no matter what but do check your pathes at line 4 in each of the 2 files. I did correct my own files yesterday so now I get no error messages.

So how can we make the files completely fool proof if someone ends up having double files?

If Exist is a damn useful command in old DOS and we can set variables as well of course and use goto labels. So I could expand these 2 bat files by checking if one file do exist in 2 versions as in one dll and one dlx and if both exist than I could add a delete one of them row. But then again, the file will get more complex. So what ye say? Shall we try it?

I only understood some of what you've explained. Let me post my 2 batch files:

@echo off
rem Starting CSE
rem Launch CSE.bat

cd "C:\Games\Oblivion 2021\Oblivion"
ren CrashRpt1403.dlx CrashRpt1403.dll
ren CrashSender1403.exx CrashSender1403.exe
ren dbghelp.dlx dbghelp.dll
ren DevComponents.DotNetBar2.dlx DevComponents.DotNetBar2.dll
ren GlobalInputMonitor.dlx GlobalInputMonitor.dll
ren ICSharpCode.AvalonEdit.dlx ICSharpCode.AvalonEdit.dll
ren ObjectListView.dlx ObjectListView.dll
ren lame.exx lame.exe
obse_loader.exe -editor -notimeout
@echo on
@echo off
rem Starting Oblivion
rem Oblivion.bat

cd "C:\Games\Oblivion 2021\Oblivion"
ren CrashRpt1403.dll CrashRpt1403.dlx
ren CrashSender1403.exe CrashSender1403.exx
ren dbghelp.dll dbghelp.dlx
ren DevComponents.DotNetBar2.dll DevComponents.DotNetBar2.dlx
ren GlobalInputMonitor.dll GlobalInputMonitor.dlx
ren ICSharpCode.AvalonEdit.dll ICSharpCode.AvalonEdit.dlx
ren lame.exe lame.exx
ren ObjectListView.dll ObjectListView.dlx
ren d3d9.dlx d3d9.dll
obse_loader.exe -notimeout
@echo on

All my dll files are currently renamed but I can still open CSE and Oblivion using the batch files.

When I run Oblivion a command prompt opens shortly spewing around 6 lines of the same error message but I don't have time to read it since it closes in 0.1 seconds.

I don't think it's a big deal though since it works.

Yes it is supposed to send out those messages when you run these simple batch files as if you run any of them, they will fail to rename files already renamed and then it reports it as an error. We can pick up those error message with an errorlevel command and then goto lines that deal with the messages but I did not implement it. I did write we can make those batch files perfect and more complex, fool proof. They are not fool proof in the simple state that they are made in now.

I think it is more important that I make my scripts in game fool proof than these batchfiles which do what they are supposed to do anyway, no matter the messages they send in the console, they do work perfect anyway. :wink: If I would make them fool proof and more correct, they will become 3-5 times bigger and will you use them if you see 30-40 lines of weird, odd and old coding? As this is what we did 30 years ago, making them perfect and also more complex as then this was the only way to execute programs before windows came out 1991.

I bet Microsoft will make something this year when Windows gets exactly 30 years old. What ye think?

I do love that Microsoft still allows us to write in the old ways. When they made the new windows after 98 that I forgot the name off, they told us that DOS was gone and I got furious - They cant take away my DOS, well they implemented CMD instead of the older Command, so I could relax.

Edited by Pellape

Yeah since I never learned scripting I prefer to keep it simple. I still don't get why my dll's seem permanently renamed. Aren't the script supposed to change them back shortly after? Otherwise the script doesn't seem to be necessary - I could just rename all files 1 time.

Anyway I remember back before I got my first computer (Amiga 500) my friend had a commodore 64 and he had to physically use a screwdriver to tweak the tape recorder (Datasette) to ensure each game would load. Now that was old school lol

"Press play on tape"

Edited by MercerMeka

I know exactly what you mean as I had to slow my 5 1/2 drive down by 5 turns / min for my old 8-bit Atari 130XE I bought 1987, to be able to copy write protections with a special software so I know what you mean. :wink: Damn Amiga freak you there... :wink:

Did you know that Atari XE was the base for Amiga 500?
Did you knew that Commodore 64 was the base for Atari ST?? :wink:

They switched teams and there where a lot of turbulence going on, specially with the Tramiel family that caused this rokard. Sam and his son. Their family name do sound like Tamriel... :wink: What a coincidence...

The Atari 8-bit freaks hated the Tramiels and I did buy a magazin from the states every month which had hate propaganda against them in every issue... :D I did buy it for nice programming tips, not to read about the Tramiel's.

----------------------------------------
Your BATCH
First of all, you deleted a row at line 5 at the first batch, the enb for ENBoost and that file comes from enb v0.259, which I strongly suggest you add back as you should use ENBoost

ren d3d9.dll d3d9.dlx

I did check every row and they are all right. What you did when you copied the files back instead of using the bat-files is to make a mess really. So delete all dlx files and start all over with new dll files and do not use anything else then the batch files when starting Oblivion or CSE and you will be fine.

Read every row. You see that one bat at each row rename a file from dll to dlx and the other bat rename them back. Just read one line at a time, do not look at the forest, but look at each tree.

Edited by Pellape

@JustChill

I did look at your code there, and to me it looks like you increase a number and decrease the other.

Don't forget to check the variable names of the code. :wink:

"sNOAmsgPage" stands for a specific page of a message box menu.

So I am far from altering that code, as it works properly. :wink:

I've made screenshots of that message box menu:

https://www.nexusmods.com/nehrim/mods/4

So these values are required to be handled like this as their current value determines the behavior of the message box menu and the results of clicking buttons in it. :wink:

I've programmed this before I was aware about LINK.

Probably not gonna update it for LINK, especially as LINK also requires MenuQue.

I might make an optional plugin with LINK support at some point, but currently the message box menu works well enough. :smile:

I know exactly what you mean as I had to slow my 5 1/2 drive down by 5 turns / min for my old 8-bit Atari 130XE I bought 1987, to be able to copy write protections with a special software so I know what you mean. :wink: Damn Amiga freak you there... :wink:

Did you know that Atari XE was the base for Amiga 500?

Did you knew that Commodore 64 was the base for Atari ST?? :wink:

They switched teams and there where a lot of turbulence going on, specially with the Tramiel family that caused this rokard. Sam and his son. Their family name do sound like Tamriel... :wink: What a coincidence...

The Atari 8-bit freaks hated the Tramiels and I did buy a magazin from the states every month which had hate propaganda against them in every issue... :D I did buy it for nice programming tips, not to read about the Tramiel's.

----------------------------------------

Your BATCH

First of all, you deleted a row at line 5 at the first batch, the enb for ENBoost and that file comes from enb v0.259, which I strongly suggest you add back as you should use ENBoost

ren d3d9.dll d3d9.dlx

I did check every row and they are all right. What you did when you copied the files back instead of using the bat-files is to make a mess really. So delete all dlx files and start all over with new dll files and do not use anything else then the batch files when starting Oblivion or CSE and you will be fine.

Read every row. You see that one bat at each row rename a file from dll to dlx and the other bat rename them back. Just read one line at a time, do not look at the forest, but look at each tree.

Arrgh. I'm an idiot for not understanding but your last post helped me a lot. I now see how it works after going through the script line by line. I though it worked a different way before.

I got it working now and installed those ENB which I've been reluctant to do since i don't want the graphics changed too much. I like the default vanilla feel that I'm used to. I don't even use texture packs.

I also tried out Simple ENB https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/48808?tab=posts&BH=0

It says it requires ENBSeries v0.181 but I just tested with the version you recommended and it works (I think).

I didn't know the stuff about Atari and that, but I remember a friend had an Atari but he wasn't too happy about it and wanted me to buy it from him :P

Thanks for the help, Pellape.

Just one thing... ENBoost crashes CSE if activated.

Nehrim has an ENB baked into its installation but I always disable ENBoost, when I mod the game to ensure I have no issues opening CSE. :smile:

Even though there is a mod available, that should prevent the issues, but I rather switch the boost off than using a fix for.

https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/47301/

As it is just a temporary problem. As soon as you stop modding and start playing you simply can turn on the boost again.