Cass doesn't want to be my companion

Okay, so I was wondering if any of you guys could tell me a way to make Cass my companion via console commands? Or at least help me fix my situation (prehaps there's a mod that can force companionship)?

Basically, I did the Van Graffs quests and got to the one where you need to go and fetch her since on my last playthrough I simply had to do that then me and Cass would attack the Van Graffs and I'd walk away with her as a companion, but this time Cass wouldn't come with me to the Silver Rush and wanted me to do a quest for the Crimson Caravan first. So I go down there and after talking to McLafferty quite a few times and exhausting all her speech options I clearly wasn't getting any quests from her, but 'Heartaches By The Number' still had her marked as a quest object; so I put a bullet in McLafferty's head but she was still marked. So I returned to Cass who thanked me for it then told me to kill Gloria Van Graff, which I did, after telling her brother I wasn't going to bring Cass to them.

I proceed to blitz the whole Silver Rush, littering it with Van Graff corpses and taking their plasma/laser weapons as I went. I return to Cass who thanks me for this and I say "Let's go" and get a notification she now has the 'Hand of Vengeance' perk, but she isn't my companion. She just sits there at the outpost bar and when I talk to her I get the default: "You come around like a bad habit. What's on your mind?" phrase with all exhausted speech options. Help?

Regards,

British Redcoat

tried resurrecting her via console yet? other than that this just sounds like one of those odd bugs you get with certain quests everytime you start a new save lol, it's like winning the lottery as to what will f*#@ up next XD. That or you may have some conflict in your mods, idk :)

tried resurrecting her via console yet? other than that this just sounds like one of those odd bugs you get with certain quests everytime you start a new save lol, it's like winning the lottery as to what will f*** up next XD. That or you may have some conflict in your mods, idk :smile:

Yeah, I've restarted and completed the related quests multipul times and killed/res'd her via the console many times. The console won't res McLafferty unfortunatly.

I'm pretty upset that I can't get my favourite companion

Sounds like "terminal save game disease" to me now you've mentioned that :(. So is there no way a mod caused a conflict in any way?

Sounds like "terminal save game disease" to me now you've mentioned that :(. So is there no way a mod caused a conflict in any way?

I only have the prostituion mod installed (for novelty purposes of course *wink, wink* ), I'm sure that wouldn't cause any issues but I could always remove it and then try.