Origin just updated and mods stopped working

Spantzz

So I got battlefront 2 through the epic games store while it was free. I've been playing for years now on ps4. After looking into mods for BF2 I made sure to get everything working properly. After downloading frosty and editing the launch properties within Origin, everything was working fine. But after trying to launch it today, I was prompted to update origin. Not thinking anything of it, I did. Now the mods wont launch. The Launch path is still the edited one I added "-datapath "so on and so on"" I tried installing a older version of origin but it wont launch without being in offline mode and doesn't show my games. Will I just need to wait for a frosty update? Or is there anything else I can do on my end?

Same issue I think for me as well.

1. Bought SWBF2 on origin back when it came out in 2017, but hardly played it.
  2. About a week ago I decided to try SWBF2 again, launched it via ORIGIN and it was great!
  3. Discovered the game supports mods so tried a few mods and they worked.
  4. Heard about the free version of SWBF2: Celebration Edition on the EPIC store.
  5. Went to the EPIC store and grabbed it. You had to link your EPIC account to your ORIGIN account to get a copy so I did.
  6. Checked Origin and it now shows the "Celebration Edition" as unlocked under the content tab of SWBF2 in ORIGIN.
  7. Launched SWBF2 via ORIGIN app, now it launches EPIC app on it's own, then launches SWBF2 game. Mod's I'd previously installed via Frosty Mod Manager also worked the first time I launched SWBF2 after linking my EPIC/ORIGIN accounts. But...
  8. The next day when I launched SWBF2 the mods stopped working. (This is where/when overnight the small update to Origin/SWBF2 occurred)
  9. Spent hours and hours reading forums, watching youtube videos, in particular this one from Azzatru on how to get mods working for the EPIC version of SWBF2:Celebration Edition. But unfortunately nothing I tried worked.
  10. Today I did get 1 mod to work though Star Wars The Clone Wars Overhaul V2.0 This mod is a bit newer (last updated Dec 24th 2020) than my other mods that stopped working.

I listed all the stages/steps of the issue incase the order in which they occurred impacts the issue somehow.

Also tried what another person who replied to this thread said worked for them.

• Just have all the mods you want to use loaded/applied in Frosty Mod Manager. But don't launch SWBF2 via FMM
  • Instead just launch SWBF2 via Origin. This person said their mods worked.

This didn't work for me or a 3rd person in the thread, so I suspect the person who suggested this fix doesn't actually have the EPIC/Free Celebration Edition of SWBF2.

I am trying to get my EPIC account unlinked from my ORIGIN account in the hopes of eliminating EPIC completely from the equation ang go back to just an Origin version of SWBF2 which was working just fine with mods.

But

This is a pain in the ass, as you have to contact EPIC customer support via email basically and wait/hope a CustServ rep looks at your request and manually separates/unlinks your account.

Worse!

Several peeps in other threads say they've already contacted EPIC Cust Support and had a reply their accounts were unlinked, but STILL Mods aren't working and SWBF2 shows in ORIGIN as the Epic Store version, despite being told by EPIC customer service their accounts were unlinked from each other.

Never thought I'd regret grabbing a free version of a game but that's where I'm (and others) are at atm it seems.

Edited by Gwarh

I was able to fix the issue finally!

Found 2 youtube videos by youtuber Josh Wedge, who in turn got the fix from a forum somewhere via a user named "Psilent_Knight"

Go watch the vids, follow the instructions EXACTLY! or it wont work. And I'll give ya a 99% guarantee it will get your mods working again.

Edited by Gwarh

I was able to fix the issue finally!
Found 2 youtube videos by youtuber Josh Wedge, who in turn got the fix from a forum somewhere via a user named "Psilent_Knight"
Go watch the vids, follow the instructions EXACTLY! or it wont work. And I'll give ya a 99% guarantee it will get your mods working again.

I tried this after you messaged me. I was really hoping it would but sadly, it didnt. I did everything EXACTLY like in the video and still no luck. Thanks for finding it though. Hopefully it works for someone else.

Install the older origin launcher from here (https://www.filesoul.com/software/Origin/10-5-40-26928-EA-Games-for-PC-Windows/download/) and uninstall current version, once logged in, go to options and select turn off auto update and bobs your uncle fannys ya ant

It worked for me !

Although it didn't launch at first by launching on it with Origin, so i did it by Frosty, but it worked !