[Mod Request] Japanese Dialogue For V Only

HuMaximus

What I'm proposing is that we import the Japanese lines for V, into the English version.

I think anyone that's heard the voice acting for Japanese V can agree it brings a totally different vibe to the character. (personally interested in the female version here)

I'm hoping that someone with knowledge, will be able to make this a possibility.

I second this!! haha Was actually going to post this myself on the Reddit forums. But for me I just feel like the English Male voice actor isn't very good at a lot of points. Just the feelings aren't there. But the Japanese and Korean versions the male V does a lot better job conveying the emotions. Only downside to playing with full Korean voice over (which I had been doing from the start since that's my native language) is that you miss out on so many great performances. Judy, Vik, Jackie, Kerry, and of course Keanu Reaves. and so many more. F***. Mama Welles for sure just is not acted well in the Korean verson.

So yeah, if somebody can figure out how to change the voiceover for V only I would LOVE that s*** and endorse the hell out of it. <3

I was going to post this as well and glad i found this forum. Just for V's voice in Japanese is really good and the rest of the NPCs and other key characters can be in English.

Also, aside from V, I wouldn't mind for Takemura and other Japanese characters like Hanako,Yorinobu, Oda, etc. can be straight Japanese.

Greatly appreciate if someone can make a mod or do a tutorial on how to configure the voice audio dialogues. Kuddos! <3

• 4 weeks later...

So I don't know much about modding but I tried to do this myself because I really wanted this.

Basically there is a .archive folder for English VO audio that can be unbundled with CP2077 tools. So I thought maybe if I downloaded the English VO .archive and the Japanese VO .archive, I could unbundle, copy over V's JA voice lines to the English archive, rebundle, and mod it in. Quick in and out adventure. So I went inside the JA /vo/ folder in the archive and just copied over anything that started with "v_" into the EN one, overwriting the EN ones. I figured it was a good starting point at least, see if it made a difference. Rebundled and applied to the patch folder. Whenever I started a new game, it crashed right before dialogue started. I probably did something very wrong but am unable to figure out exactly what, but my hopes are low.

Edited by theevilteacup

So I don't know much about modding but I tried to do this myself because I really wanted this.

Basically there is a .archive folder for English VO audio that can be unbundled with CP2077 tools. So I thought maybe if I downloaded the English VO .archive and the Japanese VO .archive, I could unbundle, copy over V's JA voice lines to the English archive, rebundle, and mod it in. Quick in and out adventure. So I went inside the JA /vo/ folder in the archive and just copied over anything that started with "v_" into the EN one, overwriting the EN ones. I figured it was a good starting point at least, see if it made a difference. Rebundled and applied to the patch folder. Whenever I started a new game, it crashed right before dialogue started. I probably did something very wrong but am unable to figure out exactly what, but my hopes are low.

I wonder if there's any kind of logging for CP crashes?

Guess if you found those and tried to decrypt you could at least know what's failing ( prob even at which line ).