Animal Friend perk not working

roldoi1911

I require assistance

I got my animal friend rank 1 perk a while ago, and up till recently its worked like a charm. I used it to get past the nightstalkers in Old World Blues (new save BTW) and just got back to the Mojave. I traveled around the road around primm for a mod I downloaded and for some reason the geckos attacked me! (I've downloaded a lot of mods but they only affect weapons, armor, and a couple of new outside of combat gameplay mechanics (None animal). I've reviewed my list of mods and none effect the perk system (I think it could be a problem with the Old world blues DLC or Honest hearts {I've never played the later yet though])

I looked at the pip-boy and the perk is still there. Same goes for the mole rats, coyotes, NCR dogs, dogs, and big-horners in the mountains. I've tried upgrading the perk to rank 2, (No good) removing it via console command, adding back the same way. (didn't work), removed it again, and earned it again via leveling (still didn't work) and now I'm at my ropes end.

Please Send message for help or post it

Thank you for reading

You are receiving assistance XD

Whatever mod you added, or perhaps any other mod you may have added recently, has overridden the factional data or script which the perk ref's and requires. or the mod has completely changed that perk, I doubt that though.

To fix, you will need to use FNVedit, find that perk and see what it is conflicting with :).

I just downloaded and used FNVedit and looked up the perk in the Fallout.esm. its white with black text so that means itsfine (from what I gather)

Damn was hoping that was the solution. :(

thanks for trying though.

Edited by roldoi1911