NPCs disappeared after modding

Crystalmax69

Hello guys,

I recently modded fallout new vegas with the youtube guide by Gopher. I followed the instructions for the most part but skipped some mods that I did not find interesting. When I installed all the mods I wanted I started the game and noted that some NPCs like Easy Pete and the lady working at the bar in goodsprings as well as the powder bandit at the bar were missing. Have you ever experienced this or something similar and know how to solve it?

Additional info:

I also had some other problems while installing mods. I could not start the game and had the application error 5000.... and solved it by copying the steam.exe to the game folder.

Strangely steam forced me to download falloutnv again after that. So now I have a vanilla version and a modded version of falloutnv. However, in both versions the aforementioned NPCs are mssing. How strange is that? now I am fully confused :D

Also I use Vortex to install mods and it says that the DLC files need to be cleaned but I read you should only do that if specifically instructed by the modder on their respective page.

I would really appreciate if you could help me :) Thank you in advance!

Gopher does excellent video guides, but due to time constraints no video guide covers all the issue details involved in getting the game setup properly.

For problems after you successfully install the game elsewhere than in the default "C:\Program Files(x86)" folder tree (see the "Installing" link in my signature), please see the 'Solutions to Starting the game problems' or the 'Solutions to "Crash To Desktop" (CTD) problems' sections in the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide.

I recommend anyone read the entire "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article to understand the differences between this game and others you may have experience with; especially if this is your first attempt to play a modded FNV or it's been more than a year since you last set it up. It is designed for someone who has never played a modded PC game before, so it tries to avoid making any assumptions, is kept "up-to-date", and covers years of "lessons learned" by a retired Technical Support expert. It is NOT a list of various mods to install that happen to work on the author's machine; only "the essentials". It addresses fundamentals underlying how to get the basic game and mods to work together. At least 90% of everything I post in the "Technical Support" sub-forum is already in that article. Once you can play a test game to at least Primm, only then should you try adding other mods from some other "guide".

-Dubious-

• 2 weeks later...