Day and night light change

modelmode

Does anyone know of a way to gradually brighten or dim lights according to the time of day? I know about the light switch script, but that is not a gradual change ( I dont think ) and I dont have the script fu necessary to modify it. Thanks for the help.

You could add 1 light and set it for its minimum brightness and have it set to turn on when it is fully dark. duplicate it and make that duplicate less bright and start an hour before and when the other ends and repeat until full daytime with no light. Probably at least 4 lights to turn on and off in a series so you get the illusion it is the same light getting dimmer or brighter. Light A turns on at 5PM and off at 6PM Light B turns on at 6Pm and off at 7PM, Light C turns on at 7pm and off at 8pm, Light D turn on at 8PM and off at 4am, Light C on at 4 am and off at 5, B on at 5am to 6am, A on at 6am off at 7am. Too many lights and increases the chance someone will notice the moment they swap states and too few and it you may not get the desired effect. The majority of people wont notice unless they are staring at the lights one would hope.

It would have the illusion of getting dimmer or brighter like the sun shadows have when set better than skyrims default. default it is noticable that the shadows update but adjust the update to fewer updates and you dont notice it.

Edited by jet4571