Strange Crashes When Exiting Dungeons to Overworld

kororian

If it's specific to one save but not another, then it might be a corrupt save. You have exactly the same mods while playing the two different characters? Incidentally, did you uninstall a multiple-marriages mod and then continued with the save that is giving you CTDs?

No, But I currently have a marriage mod installed. To Have & To Hold : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=11579&insideModal=0&requirelogin=1

*edit* Sorry to clarify. Yes, I do have the exact same mod setup for all of my characters. And this is only effecting my Orc. But No, I have not uninstalled any multi-marriage mods.

Edited by kororian

If it's specific to one save but not another, then it might be a corrupt save. You have exactly the same mods while playing the two different characters? Incidentally, did you uninstall a multiple-marriages mod and then continued with the save that is giving you CTDs?

Thank you again for your help. I have, actually taken an easier way out. I wrote down my perks, level, and equipment. I loaded my old backup save, and command consoled my stuff and skills up to match. I suppose That will have to do. I appreciate your expertise And you taught me a thing or two about cleaning and troubleshooting for skyrim.

• 1 year later...

Hey! I had this issue and I found several solutions that seem to work for different people:

1. Use a chair or any activator for a few seconds before trying to exit the area. If this does not work try method 2 and 3.

2. If you have a follower, dismiss the follower and then attempt to exit the area.

3. If you don't have a follower, use the moveto command in the console to teleport them to you, ask them to follow you, and then attempt to go through the door.

Hope it helps anyone else! :3

• 2 years later...

Thank you again for your help. I have, actually taken an easier way out. I wrote down my perks, level, and equipment. I loaded my old backup save, and command consoled my stuff and skills up to match. I suppose That will have to do. I appreciate your expertise And you taught me a thing or two about cleaning and troubleshooting for skyrim.

Hey! I had this issue and I found several solutions that seem to work for different people:

1. Use a chair or any activator for a few seconds before trying to exit the area. If this does not work try method 2 and 3.

2. If you have a follower, dismiss the follower and then attempt to exit the area.

3. If you don't have a follower, use the moveto command in the console to teleport them to you, ask them to follow you, and then attempt to go through the door.

Hope it helps anyone else! :3

Neither of the solutions worked.

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...