Cutting Room Floor newest version causing CTD

WolfySkyrimMods

Haven't played any version of Skyrim recently, but when experiencing problems with a mod, return to the version that worked.

You could post your problems on the mod's page, but before you do that you must be sure the newer version of the mod in question doesn't clash with other mods you've installed.

Using mods is a game for folks with a long breath. You need to constantly check if mods will work together nicely. And never ever update a mod just because there's a newer version, unless you had problems with the older version.

In reply to @JimmyRJump I would love to go back to the previous version of Cutting Room Floor I was using but the mod author took the previous versions of the mod down so I have no way of going back. Also in terms of conflicts I use Vortex and it did not alert me to Cutting Room Floor conflicting with any other mod.

Edited by WolfySkyrimMods

When you download a new version, NEVER delete the old version until it's confirmed the new version works for you.

I've been using the "new" version since it was released back in December 2020.
Are you using the Unofficial Patch as well, because that's a requirement.

A CTD when Skyrim is starting usually means a missing master

Did you add/remove any other mods?

In reply to @JimmyRJump I would love to go back to the previous version of Cutting Room Floor I was using but the mod author took the previous versions of the mod down so I have no way of going back. Also in terms of conflicts I use Vortex and it did not alert me to Cutting Room Floor conflicting with any other mod.

Well, I seriously dislike Vortex because of all of its blatantly stupid behaviour, but it should keep any version of any mod you've downloaded (at least, that's what Nexus Mod Manager does), so you should have a look inside the Vortex folder that has your downloads.

And it's not because crappy Vortex doesn't give an alert that nothing went amiss.

Some folks want you to believe that Vortex is the best "invention" since sliced bread. Don't believe 'em. NMM has its flaws, sure, but (for me) it works far better for games like SSE and FO4 than Vortex ever will.

Generally speaking a CTD at startup is caused by missing masters or broken SKSE DLL files. There is nothing in the latest update to CRF that would cause this, or everyone and their dog would have said something by now.

Yeah that's a hard lesson learned. Never delete OLD version until you're sure new version works. Definitely keeping that one in mind. I am also using Unofficial Patch as well. I haven't added or removed any mods as well. I just hit check for update on vortex updated what needed to be updated and now I am here.

Yeah that's a hard lesson learned. Never delete OLD version until you're sure new version works. Definitely keeping that one in mind. I am also using Unofficial Patch as well. I haven't added or removed any mods as well. I just hit check for update on vortex updated what needed to be updated and now I am here.

Another reason not to use Vortex. NMM keeps every version of any mod you've ever downloaded so you can always go back to a previous version... just sayin...

Well, I seriously dislike Vortex because of all of its blatantly stupid behaviour, but it should keep any version of any mod you've downloaded (at least, that's what Nexus Mod Manager does), so you should have a look inside the Vortex folder that has your downloads.

And it's not because crappy Vortex doesn't give an alert that nothing went amiss.

Some folks want you to believe that Vortex is the best "invention" since sliced bread. Don't believe 'em. NMM has its flaws, sure, but (for me) it works far better for games like SSE and FO4 than Vortex ever will.

Unfortunately when you download a new update and you delete the old version of a mod you have the option of deleting the "archive" of the old version. I did that. So, I really f*#@ed up.

When you download a new version, NEVER delete the old version until it's confirmed the new version works for you.

I've been using the "new" version since it was released back in December 2020.

Are you using the Unofficial Patch as well, because that's a requirement.

A CTD when Skyrim is starting usually means a missing master

Did you add/remove any other mods?

Nope just updated what vortex said there was an update for. Didn't download anything new. Didn't disable anything or uninstall. And yes I use Unofficial Skyrim Patch as well.