Cutting Room Floor newest version causing CTD

WolfySkyrimMods

In reply to @JimmyRJump I would love to go back to the previous version of Cutting Room Floor I was using but the mod author took the previous versions of the mod down so I have no way of going back. Also in terms of conflicts I use Vortex and it did not alert me to Cutting Room Floor conflicting with any other mod.

Well, I seriously dislike Vortex because of all of its blatantly stupid behaviour, but it should keep any version of any mod you've downloaded (at least, that's what Nexus Mod Manager does), so you should have a look inside the Vortex folder that has your downloads.

And it's not because crappy Vortex doesn't give an alert that nothing went amiss.

Some folks want you to believe that Vortex is the best "invention" since sliced bread. Don't believe 'em. NMM has its flaws, sure, but (for me) it works far better for games like SSE and FO4 than Vortex ever will.

Unfortunately when you download a new update and you delete the old version of a mod you have the option of deleting the "archive" of the old version. I did that. So, I really f***ed up.

Well, you can always contact the mod author and ask for the older version of the mod.

In reply to @JimmyRJump I would love to go back to the previous version of Cutting Room Floor I was using but the mod author took the previous versions of the mod down so I have no way of going back. Also in terms of conflicts I use Vortex and it did not alert me to Cutting Room Floor conflicting with any other mod.

Well, I seriously dislike Vortex because of all of its blatantly stupid behaviour, but it should keep any version of any mod you've downloaded (at least, that's what Nexus Mod Manager does), so you should have a look inside the Vortex folder that has your downloads.

And it's not because crappy Vortex doesn't give an alert that nothing went amiss.

Some folks want you to believe that Vortex is the best "invention" since sliced bread. Don't believe 'em. NMM has its flaws, sure, but (for me) it works far better for games like SSE and FO4 than Vortex ever will.

Vortex keeps all of the previous versions readily available in a convenient dropdown menu.

Vortex doesn't have Blatant Stupid Behaviors, the users who don't know how to use it do though.

If you're going to constantly whinge about Vortex, at least know what you're talking about.

Vortex is very verbal about goes wrong.

Today it told me that I had the wrong version of OBSE installed, and it told me exactly which OBSE mod was out of date.

Enough with the Vortex bashing, it's getting old and sickening, and just because you don't understand how to use it, doesn't mean you have to hop at every opportunity to bash something you don't understand.

NOTHING you said about it is remotely true, and you'd know that if you actually used it for more than two minutes and got frustrated and uninstalled it.

Meanwhile you're running around pushing that old POS NMM on everybody when it's mostly a glorified Download Client.

It's simple, has big shiny buttons, and installs stuff....OCCASIONALLY.

Vortex keeps all of the previous versions readily available in a convenient dropdown menu.

Vortex doesn't have Blatant Stupid Behaviors, the users who don't know how to use it do though.

If you're going to constantly whinge about Vortex, at least know what you're talking about.

Vortex is very verbal about goes wrong.

Today it told me that I had the wrong version of OBSE installed, and it told me exactly which OBSE mod was out of date.

Enough with the Vortex bashing, it's getting old and sickening, and just because you don't understand how to use it, doesn't mean you have to hop at every opportunity to bash something you don't understand.

NOTHING you said about it is remotely true, and you'd know that if you actually used it for more than two minutes and got frustrated and uninstalled it.

Meanwhile you're running around pushing that old POS NMM on everybody when it's mostly a glorified Download Client.

It's simple, has big shiny buttons, and installs stuff....OCCASIONALLY.

Care to point out on the doll where Vortex touched you?

And here's a perfect example of a Vortex fanboy...

Yeah that's a hard lesson learned. Never delete OLD version until you're sure new version works. Definitely keeping that one in mind. I am also using Unofficial Patch as well. I haven't added or removed any mods as well. I just hit check for update on vortex updated what needed to be updated and now I am here.

Another reason not to use Vortex. NMM keeps every version of any mod you've ever downloaded so you can always go back to a previous version... just sayin...

JFC, so does Vortex, he SAD he picked DELETE, otherwise Vortex would've automatically kept it.

Man, such a one-man crusade against Vortex

Show us where on the doll Vortex touched you

Yeah that's a hard lesson learned. Never delete OLD version until you're sure new version works. Definitely keeping that one in mind. I am also using Unofficial Patch as well. I haven't added or removed any mods as well. I just hit check for update on vortex updated what needed to be updated and now I am here.

Another reason not to use Vortex. NMM keeps every version of any mod you've ever downloaded so you can always go back to a previous version... just sayin...

JFC, so does Vortex, he SAD he picked DELETE, otherwise Vortex would've automatically kept it.

Man, such a one-man crusade for against Vortx

Vortex is mostly crap, so go pray to your Vortex Lord, fanboy... I'm outta here. The air's too thick with misconceptions and idioteries.

Man, such a one-man crusade for against Vortx

Vortex is mostly crap, so go pray to your Vortex Lord, fanboy... I'm outta here. The air's too thick with misconceptions and idioteries.

Go pray to your NMM Lord, fanboy. Too bad you can't see the obvious hypocrisy and irony you keep tossing around.

Anyway, the guy was asking about a MOD, you came rushing in in order to attack Vortex rather than actually HELP HIM.

It's getting old with your hate crusade.

Got you blocked and on ignore, thank god.

When you download a new version, NEVER delete the old version until it's confirmed the new version works for you.

I've been using the "new" version since it was released back in December 2020.

Are you using the Unofficial Patch as well, because that's a requirement.

A CTD when Skyrim is starting usually means a missing master

Did you add/remove any other mods?

Nope just updated what vortex said there was an update for. Didn't download anything new. Didn't disable anything or uninstall. And yes I use Unofficial Skyrim Patch as well.

Check the Bell Icon for notifications, are there any?

And here's a perfect example of a Vortex fanboy...

Said the NMM fanboy who shows up in EVERY thread to put down Vortex and push that garbage Mod Downloader called NMM

Don't try to sound more idiotic than you already are, HadToRegister. Yes, I put down Vortex, but, hey, I've been using NMM for close to ten (10) years and it works flawlessly, better than Vortex (at least, the Vortex I've used a year or so ago). So, shove yer Vortex wherever you like, I'll keep chopping it down whenever it does something stupid because the developer made it so confusing people make mistakes. NMM isn't all shiny and 'ooh-aah' beautiful, but at least it does what it needs to do. Vortex wants to do more than it's able to do and folks always get stuck. And no fanboy will ever disprove that fact.

Y

Unfortunately when you download a new update and you delete the old version of a mod you have the option of deleting the "archive" of the old version. I did that. So, I really f***ed up.

Well, you can always contact the mod author and ask for the older version of the mod.

Yeah I'll try that. It's the only thing I can do now.