Day of the ritual minus one:

After countless hours of study, research, collecting all the materials and tools, I am ready: Immortality is just a single ritual away.

Day of the ritual plus one:

Kill the sacrificial virgin, release my spirit, and possess the prepared corpse.

Lichdom awaited.

That was the plan.

Unfortunately no one told reality, and now I’m stuck between bodies; destined to wander the lands in ghost form.

But wait, I feel weaker, life is draining away, I can feel it.

What to do, what to do.

I wonder.

Yes, I feel good again in this skeleton.

Maybe I can make this work.

Day of the ritual plus five:

So, I have found that I can possess the dead, most living beings who are sleeping, and weak-minded individuals while they are awake.

Also, if I’m out of a body too long I kind of feel like I’m slowly slipping into sleep, and I think if I give in, I’ll never wake up.

Day of the ritual plus seventeen:

Spells work when I am free of possessing others, but I can’t touch anything unless I’m in a body, magic hurts a lot more, and I can see in the dark; cool.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, the idea behind this mod request is to make a race that is completely incorporeal, with the ability to possess others on a semi-permanent basis: For as long as the player wishes.

The character would start already possessing a body, would know a selection of relevant necromancy spells, and have a soul trap enchanted dagger.

They would also get a lesser power while in any body/object, of release spirit, allowing the character to exit the possessed body/object, which then turns to dust.

Possession would work by comparing the magicka levels of the character and the target to be possessed, and what condition the target is in.

Objects that have joints (mannequins and dolls, for example) can also be possessed and animated as a body, but this would be limited to an hour per level, and then the object would turn to dust and the character then has to find another suitable host.

There could also be a detriment for being expelled from the object.

While the character is without a body their magicka, then stamina, then health, would deteriorate until they are in a body at the rate of 1 point per second.

If a body, or suitable object, are not found in time, the character dies.

Also, if the possessed body is killed/destroyed while the character is inside them then half of the characters stamina, magicka, and health, are lost.

A ghost character is also unable to regenerate until they possess someone, or something, at which point they absorb the possessed bodies reserves of all three and heal as normal.

And lastly, the character would be 100% invisible, 100% invulnerable to non magical damage, can see in any light, even pitch blackness, and can float at any height.

Downside is that magical attacks, including enchanted weapons, do a lot more damage while the character is outside a body/object.

Possessables:

Objects – For a limited time of one hour per level

Dead bodies – corpses and skeletons would be automatic

Undead – drauga, zombies, and ghosts would be automatic if their current magicka is less than 5x the characters maximum magicka

Unliving – Vampires etc., would be automatic if the character’s maximum magicka is greater than the unliving maximum magicka

Living – sleeping and unconscious people and animals would have chance to resist equal to 10% per level, and the player would have a bonus above 100% of 10% per level

Living – awake people and animals would be immune if they are 5 levels or less below the character.

I hope someone likes this idea and can run with it as I'm not even slightly proficient with modding beyond the very basics.

Edited by JasonMackinnon

• 1 month later...