No mods for SSE show up in Vortex

TakeMyMoneyBethesda

Hi,

So i have a bit of a weird issue when using Vortex to manage/updated mods for SSE.

A few months ago my PC got stuck in a continuous boot loop and so i lost my C drive. My install of SSE was on a seperate drive so since i rebuilt my PC, i've been able to play my modded SSE just fine.

In the MODS tab in Vortex, it says that i dont have any mods installed, but in the PLUGINS tab, it lists all the plugins installed. SAVE GAMES shows the saves.

The mods would have been originally installed using NMM when that was the thing to use before Vortex, but since the old C drive died, that program went with it.

I can play the game just fine, mods included, I Just cant see them in Vortex and am unsure how to 'bring them over' so to speak.

I can install mods from the mods tab, but i'd like to have the already installed mods show up here.

I'd be grateful if someone could shed some light on how to resolve this.

Do i need to install a copy of NMM to use the import tool to bring them into Vortex?

Any questions you have or any screenshots etc you'd like me to provide, im happy to do so.

Much appreciated.

If you lost your AppData folder and your mod staging folder for Vortex it will no longer have any idea which files in the game directory are mods and which are vanilla. If you do still have your staging folder it might be possible to recover your modded state by reconnecting the staging folder in your Vortex settings.