• Please log in to reply
729 replies to this topic

szaumoor

szaumoor

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts
Small mistake: he talks about meeting with Skjor at night before talking with Skjor (and being told that fact).

ghostofrimera

ghostofrimera

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
In response to post #112342538. #112343473, #112344443, #112355993 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

Hmm... I wonder if that's what I'm doing?  I don't feel like I'm putting my weapon away before the end of a battle, but maybe there's little baddies I'm missing while we're fighting great big dragons?  I have one mod that adds a bunch of dragons to the game, and another that adds a bunch of bad guys to the game, so... like, we might be attacked by three dragons and a wolf, but if I put my bow or w/e away after dragon #3 and he hasn't finished killing the wolf I didn't even notice under the loud music and whooshing of dragon souls... then all his AI knows is that I left the battle before it was won, and I'm therefore not pulling my weight?

And the sheer number of followers I have complicates things, because he could be at the bottom of the hill fighting said wolf, and I don't notice because I'm at the top of the hill under the three dragon skeletons...

So, his AI's calculations might be more accurate if it was just him and me, or him and me and one or two others, but not him and me and ten other Argonians...

LOL, so I'm basically stressing the limits of what his AI can allow for.  No wonder he thinks I'm a shiftless layabout!  Okay, so... I'm thinking, home base with lots of followers, but going out in elite teams of no more than five... that sounds like fun!  Ooooh, wonder who else I'll pick?  I really want to see what happens next with Lucifer, he (spoiler ahead, don't click!)
started acting hinky in Solstheim, that's as far as I've gotten with any playthrough, so no spoilers!  LOL! 

Edited by ghostofrimera, 26 July 2022 - 12:05 AM.

gengavin

gengavin

Stranger

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey I was wondering what the interaction with playable skeletons mod was? because lucifer doesn't seem to notice that I'm literally undead but other than that lucifer is easily my 3rd favorite companion I have ever the pleasure of traveling with and I'm excited to continue his quest

MrVideoFreak

MrVideoFreak

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 366 posts
In response to post #112456373.

Spoiler

He'll comment on your race if you're using the playable skeletons race mod. (But I do believe it's bugged atm)

GhostDragonz2000

GhostDragonz2000

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts
Um, hi.  I'm using AFT and NOT using it on him, just fyi.  I have just gotten lydia and Lucifer says he will go and talk to her, but doesn't, and the dialogue of him saying he will go and talk to her repeats again and again.  Is there some way to get him to actually talk to her?

MrVideoFreak

MrVideoFreak

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 366 posts
In response to post #112557153.

Spoiler

Are you using a mod that modifies Lydia?

GhostDragonz2000

GhostDragonz2000

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts
In response to post #112557153. #112559418 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

Sorry for the late reply, and no I'm pretty sure I only have mods that add new followers, and AFT.  I've contemplated getting the mod that makes it so you can set the home for the vanilla followers, but haven't installed it as it may conflict.  The other mods I have shouldn't be doing anything to Lydia, do you think it could be perhaps I need to dismiss everyone but Lucifer and then recruit Lydia first?  Cause I have a few followers with me right now and it will take a while to re-find them all after dismissing.

PrettyBadAtGames

PrettyBadAtGames

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi! Just started running around with Lucifer and I'm really enjoying him so far, I love his dialogue! The only issue I'm having is he often bumps into me and yells at me about it, this also happens when I try politely asking him to move, he runs into me while trying to move and gets angry about it. It's really only a minor issue but I am a lil worried if it somehow affects his overall approval? Like buddy pls I wanna be friends you're the one who's running into me :(

MrVideoFreak

MrVideoFreak

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 366 posts
In response to post #113000218.

Spoiler

Running into him is a crime beyond murder and will not affect your relationship.

NYKevin

NYKevin

Regular

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
I have, in the past, dabbled with creating various script mods (most of which have never seen the light of day). Realistically, it is extremely challenging for a mod like Lucifer to properly interact with random scripted mods that the author could not possibly know about. So I would like to begin my comment by emphasizing that what I'm about to ask for is a difficult problem to solve, rather niche, and probably a lot of work, and I fully understand that you may not be interested in working on it. I greatly appreciate the work you have done on Lucifer so far, and look forward to seeing what's next for his story and development.

The specific problem I ran into is with no-death mods, such as the recently popular SOS-NADS (yes, that is a SFW mod, despite the abbreviation). Although I have not yet tested Lucifer with that mod in particular, I did test him with a much simpler no-death mod I made myself, and the conclusion I came to is that Lucifer is probably not compatible with no-death mods, because he interprets the dragonborn teleporting away in OnEnterBleedout as "fleeing," and chastises the player for cowardice. So, if you use a no-death mod, it will probably have a negative effect on your relationship with Lucifer every time you die and respawn. If he criticized the player for recklessness instead, it would feel more immersive, but cowardice doesn't really make logical sense if the player just (almost) died.

There are a few different ways I can think of to resolve this problem, but they all have downsides:
  • The most straightforward option would be to add an OnEnterBleedout event handler for the player, and temporarily suppress "fleeing" relationship loss for a short time after the event is triggered. I think this has a good chance of working, most of the time, but it's difficult to predict exactly how a given mod might choose to handle player death, so this could result in odd or incorrect interactions in some cases. Also, you can get into some weird scripting bugs with the vanilla auto-reload mechanic. If I was implementing Lucifer, this is probably what I would reach for first.
  • The most thorough option would be to provide actual integration with and support for one or more of these no-death mods. This is a lot of work, however, and might not be worth your time, especially considering that there are many different no-death mods out there, and not everyone plays with one in the first place.
  • You could also do something like watching the player's health and not blaming them if they flee after it gets extremely low, but the problem is that this doesn't really work for massive damage (e.g. leaping off a cliff, or getting killed by a giant's club in one hit). Also, the most performant way to do that is with an ability condition, and those only update once per second (probably not often enough).

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.268 seconds