Epic Games Modding - A Techical Solution

Nakaka

I believe there are two typos in the command currently not crossed out in the original post. It's also in the CMD file you shared.

It goes

go& -datapath %%22DATAPATH%%22"

while it should be

go& -datapath %22DATAPATH%22"

Edited by Evanitis

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are two typos in the command currently not crossed out in the original post. It's also in the CMD file you shared.

It goes

go& -datapath %%22DATAPATH%%22"

while it should be

go& -datapath %22DATAPATH%22"

If you run the command inside cmd.exe, it must be like you say. If you follow the new instructions and save it as file, it must be %%

old way was working last night but wont anymore and the new way isnt working either keeps sayingÃÂ

ÃÂ

[0201/113251:WARNING:resource_bundle_qt.cpp(114)] locale_file_path.empty() for localeÃÂ ÃÂ

four times in a debug file

Edit: Nevermind I got it to work one of the mods was causing it not to open

What mod was it? In case I also have that mod so that I know which one to disable.Â
I think it was a republic commando mod

I've seen multiple other people have this issue where they have this message pop up in their notepad: [0202/082647:WARNING:resource_bundle_qt.cpp(114)] locale_file_path.empty() for locale. I've checked the mods that I have installed in frosty and there are no conflicts and I have even used all of these mods before in game. For some reason, I still cannot get the game to launch as origin will just open and the game will not launch. I also have some other questions like is frosty supposed to be open when you try to run the game, and is the -datapath link still supposed to be in the game properties section of the ea version of battlefront 2 in origin? I've tried other fixes as well, but none of them seem to work

I've seen multiple other people have this issue where they have this message pop up in their notepad: [0202/082647:WARNING:resource_bundle_qt.cpp(114)] locale_file_path.empty() for locale. I've checked the mods that I have installed in frosty and there are no conflicts and I have even used all of these mods before in game. For some reason, I still cannot get the game to launch as origin will just open and the game will not launch. I also have some other questions like is frosty supposed to be open when you try to run the game, and is the -datapath link still supposed to be in the game properties section of the ea version of battlefront 2 in origin? I've tried other fixes as well, but none of them seem to work

Does Origin launch it without mods? Is your Epic/Origin in English?

If you edit the cmd, you can see "epiclocale=en". It might be worth changing "en" for English, to, for example, "fr" for French. Here is a list of locale acronyms that may or may not work. Cheesekong said earlier that error was an issue with a mod.

Frosty does not need to be open, but you need to attempt launching from Frosty whenever you make a change to your applied mods.

Datapath does not need to be in the game properties section unless you have the Origin-only, or maybe Steam version of the game.

I came across this "fix" while creating my DMR-less launcher, but in my testing there were some differences. I've seen reports of this fix not working for some people, for those people, try replacing "link2ea://launchgame" with "origin2://game/launch" in the command.

Origin tells me to relaunch the game when using that. Some people also reported mods working well after they stopped for everyone else.. Which doesn't make much sense. Older versions of Origin maybe?

Edited by Nakaka

Importent caviat to everyone that the post doesn't enphesise enough: Every time you reedit and rearange your mods, launch the game through Frosty 1st. The game will launch withiut mods but will still arange everything in the folder the way you want it. I was loosing my mind reaplying some mods and they weren't shpw up, till I did that.

Great work with everything else and thanks agin!!