Roach mod (mesh) help is wellcome

Hello,

I'm a first time modder with a bit of 3d editing background. I only did this for fun, but I actually managed to make some progress so I want to ask for opinions/critique or help. I've started playing around with w3oven and wolvenkit and I actually managed to test a modified version of roach in game, but I have some trouble with materials and textures. The exported .tga textures (names) are very confusing, even though I checked the material in the .xml file (I packed the textures that were specified in .xml) I still got the wrong body texture.

I also noticed that if I export the new body model with a principled bsdf I get no texture applied in game, but if I change that to diffuse bsdf the textures show up. Also I'm still working on the "bridle" material, because the bridle is a part of the roach model. The model seems to work fine though, the animations and shape keys work well which was a great surprise. I exported the model with visual studio as a collada file instead of double importing/exporting it as an fbx file in blender 2.76 (couldn't get the armature right). If I cook the mod in wolvenkit it doesn't work at all, but I had more success with w3oven. I've followed this tutorial https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/3498?tab=description for general uncooking, exporting and cooking, but also this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lgEtHHIFaU&t=1408s for editing and importing the mesh (I've used this method to cook my mod).

Might want to specify that I have the gog version and use blender 2.9 for cleaning and exporting the final fbx.

p.s. I'm a total beginner when it comes to modding so I wouldn't be surprised if I messed it up altogether. (I have no experience with programming either), also I know that what I chose to mod is way over my skill level

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...