The Silver Hand faction

SirSilverscreen

It's rather strange for there to be an entire faction/group out there that you are not allowed to join. So, a fix to that is to make the Silver Hand a joinable faction with quests. Essentially, it's just a reversal of the Companions storyline (forgive me for the puns in the quest names).

A Silver Tongue

This quest involves gaining support for the Silver Hand and getting new members to join. Spreading lies and rumors around via stronghold taverns and bards would be the best way to go about this.

Base of Operations

In order to be a proper faction, the Silver Hand needs a place to call their home. You are sent to Driftshade Refuge to clear out all the bandits and turn it into a base of operations for your group. Once done, the silver hand will reside there and you be given your Trial Quest.

Kick the Dog

It is time to prove yourself to be a true member of the Silver Hand. You are given a (very weak) Silver Sword and told to join the other members in Dustman's Cairn for a trap. Unlike with the Companions' Proving Honor quest, this time the trap is mostly successful, killing Farkas while Aela manages to escape. Afterwards, you return to Driftshade Refuge to be initiated into the ranks of The Silver Hand.

Silversmith (optional)

Upon being accepted into The Silver Hand, you can visit their weapons maker to learn how to craft your own silver weapons. The weapons themselves will be edited to be more effective against those with the Blood of the Wolf perk.

Silver Lining

If you speak to one of the NPCs, they explain that they became a member of the Silver Hand when a member of their family (mother, father, brother, sister, whatever) tried to kill them under the influence of the Wolf Blood. The member has yet to find them since he escaped, but the member states that he can see the horror of being a mindless beast. You and said member journey forth to find this specific Werewolf related to him, and bring an end to the person's "suffering."

Silver and Gold

Starting to run low on gold and supplies, the Silver Hand's sister camp at Gallows Rock asks you for help. Upon discovering that the faction as a whole is running out, you are given one of two options: Either make a deal with the Thieves Guild (easier to do if you've already joined them) or make deals with key shops in several holds. Either way, you are given items to return to Gallows Rock with. Unfortunately you reach the place right after the Companions raided the Rock in retaliation for the death of Farkas, and learn that they're headed to Driftshade Refuge next.

Rabid Beasts

You have to hurry to Driftshade Refuge to aid in their defence. You manage to get there just in time to fight off the two Companions that are still there (random NPCs). Upon killing them, you walk into the Refuge to find that they've killed the previous leader of the Silver Hand.

Put the Dogs Down

After the companions daring attack on the Silver Hand's stronghold (which resulted in the death of Krev the Skinner), it's time to finally bring an end to the Companions and their wolfy ways. You lead the assault upon Jorrvaskr, slaughtering the entire group and taking the heroes' hall as your own. In a ceremony for your victory, the fragments of Wuuthrad are melted down and reforged into a unique Silver Axe, the symbol of the Hand's vow to rid Skyrim of all Werewolves.

Hircine's Game

The victory over Jorrvaskr and the Companions is not the end of the story. During the celebration, Hircine himself comes before The Silver Hand. As much as he likes his hunting grounds being filled with followers, he is displeased that it's done so by attempting to "cleanse" the real world of his precious creations. On the other hand, he is amused how the Hand has turned his Hunters into the Hunted, and therefore issues an (ongoing) challenge: Every time you kill a Werewolf, offer its pelt and its blood to his (self-placed) shrine in Jorrvaskr, and he shall give a reward for it. The blood will then be used to create a new werewolf in Skyrim, thus creating a never-ending cycle and career for The Silver hand, as well as keep the god Hircine pleased.

Pet the Dog

A side quest only available after the Silver Hand's story is completed. You are told of a reluctant werewolf who seeks to cure himself. The quest could quickly be ended by killing him like all the others, however you are given the option to follow through with the Hagraven quest in the original Companions story. This quest results in the cured werewolf joining the Silver Hand ranks and becoming an optional follower.

A Silver Tongue pt. 2
After winning Jorrvaskr from the Companions, the group has a horrible reputation among Whiterun. The best way to fix this? Why just exposing the truth with a hint of lies. Requires a high speech level to successfully complete, as well as obtaining "proof" of your exposed "truths" about the group.
All bark, more bite
A particularly troublesome werewolf has been keeping a town in fear. The Silver Hand is being called to their rescue to rid them of the foul beast. This side quest is available any time after joining The Silver Hand.
A Silver Platter
You are sent out to gather food and supplies for the Refuge. This side quest is available any time after joining The Silver Hand (completing Silver and Gold before this quest makes it much easier. Just go to a vendor/Thieves Guild and tell them to you'll deliver their shipment).
Picking up Slack
With the companions dead, Whiterun is forced to turn to the Silver Hand for completing the odd merc jobs, thus making use of several radiant quests from the Companions.
Edited by SirSilverscreen

• 2 weeks later...

I want! However, I think you should start off being with the Companions, and either when you first witness Farkas transforming, or when forced into the "choice" to become apart of the Circle is either when you can turn to the Silver Hand. The realization that the Companions are monsters would be sufficent movite/evidence to their destruction, and then they could move into Whiterun and take over Jorrvaskr after a Civil War-esque raid on the place. Maybe when the guards are all sleeping? :biggrin:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
This mod is a must. I've always been stunned that the Silver Hand was nothing more than a bandit class faction and mearly serve as a punching bag for the Companions. Another idea for their origin is their leadership is made up of former Compainions who were appalled to discover that daedric abominations were truly the leadership of the guild and revolted. The companions quest line become a two sided option between the established wolves and and devout Hand. You choose a side in this civil war and at the end of the quest the winner takes up residence in Jorrvaskr and all the silver hand outposts become friendly outposts belonging to whoever won

• 1 month later...

I'd really like to see this mod, I'd download and endorse it for sure! One suggestion though, if I may... As far as sacrificing werewolf hides to Huricine (not sure if I spelled that right) so he creates another werewolf somewhere in the world... Why would the silver hand agree to that if their goal is to rid the world (or at least Skyrim) of werewolves? At the end of the day I really have no business telling you what kind of mod you should make, it's entirely your call, but I just thought I'd point out what seems like a bit of a plot hole. Either way though, I'm really looking forward to the finished product :)

I'd really like to see this mod, I'd download and endorse it for sure! One suggestion though, if I may... As far as sacrificing werewolf hides to Huricine (not sure if I spelled that right) so he creates another werewolf somewhere in the world... Why would the silver hand agree to that if their goal is to rid the world (or at least Skyrim) of werewolves? At the end of the day I really have no business telling you what kind of mod you should make, it's entirely your call, but I just thought I'd point out what seems like a bit of a plot hole. Either way though, I'm really looking forward to the finished product :smile:

I thought the same thing. Hircine would be like the ultimate evil to the Silver Hand, as he is the creator of werewolves. I doubt the Silver Hand would make any deal with him... it would make more sense to offer the pelts to Stendarr or something.