Strange "one-time runtime" crash

nenina

It is strange to me in the same way that a quadratic equation is strange to a monkey. I call it "one-time runtime" because it will crash sometimes when I put on certain armors from OOO, Frans, Armamentium, or even just Oblivion.esm, but when I restart Oblivion and try to put on the same armor then it results in no crash at all.

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Play\Oblivion\Oblivion.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the application's support team for more information.

It's Wrye Bash standalone version that had Microsoft Visual C++ as a requisite. Can someone please help me? I don't know what to do because I know squat about Visual C++. In the meantime, I guess I could replace the bashed patch and build it again, and then buy back the armor to put it on to try to crash again.

Hang on, hang on... first you are saying that Oblivion crashes when you put on armour, and then you say it's Wrye Bash that's crashing! Which is it?

The Visual C++ runtime redistributable is required for several applications. You don't need to try and debug that error, because if you tried, it's going to return machine code. This error is telling you that some library that the .exe is calling is part of the crash.

The program that's causing the error is the Oblivion.exe. It's possible that the bashed patch is the thing causing Oblivion to crash but I'd need more information to figure that out.