Zevran's pupils are too big in Dragon Age Redesigned

Studenten

I installed Zevran's Final Version (Aesthetics) fron Dragon Age Redesigned. All seems well except for his eyes: the pupils were filling amost his entire eyes.

l1Gzo8b.png

I tried to fix this problem by shrinking the size of pupil texture by hallf and it sort of worked. Yet in close-up shot you can see the untextured "ghost" pupil behind the texture. This indicates that Zevran's eyeballs are enlarged.

bypVvpB.png

What could have caused this? I extracted the MOR and DDS files in the ERF package of the MOD to edit the pupil texture but didn't modify the MOR file. And this issue seems to affect Zevran and this mod only - other NPCs are not affected, nor will Zevran if I remove this particular MOD.

Never mind. I found the culprit myself: It's the "Ferelden Elves - DA2 Style" MOD that enlarges eyes of elves. After removing the MSH files in override\da2_elf\da2_elf-eye\ Zevran's pupils will shrink to normal size. Since I still want the MOD I guess I can live with the big but not-so-obvious ghost pupil.

EDIT: Maybe an even better way is to modify Zevran's Morph file to use the unmodified em_uem_bas_0 from the game. Where can I find and extract this eye module then?

Edited by Studenten

The Elf Update mesh you removed is a replacer for the Bioware mesh. Since the files (Bioware mesh and Elf Update mesh) have the same name, when you removed the mod's mesh, you reverted to the vanilla mesh. It won't affect just the Zevran morph, you' find that all of the DA-2 style adult elf male morphs will now use the Bioware mesh.

Because Ferelden Elves/Elf update (and all other DA2-style elf replacers) overwrite the original Bioware elf head meshes, elf morphs from mods like Dragon Age Redesigned won't work correctly (as you've discovered). There's no way to make them peacefully coexist... you either need to remove the DA2-style replacer, or remove the elf morphs from DA Redesigned.

Edited by theskymoves

The Elf Update mesh you removed is a replacer for the Bioware mesh. Since the files (Bioware mesh and Elf Update mesh) have the same name, when you removed the mod's mesh, you reverted to the vanilla mesh. It won't affect just the Zevran morph, you' find that all of the DA-2 style adult elf male morphs will now use the Bioware mesh.

Because Ferelden Elves/Elf update (and all other DA2-style elf replacers) overwrite the original Bioware elf head meshes, elf morphs from mods like Dragon Age Redesigned won't work correctly (as you've discovered). There's no way to make them peacefully coexist... you either need to remove the DA2-style replacer, or remove the elf morphs from DA Redesigned.

There's always another way :cool: No need to choose between them.

I digged through the files myself and extracted the vanilla elven eyes mesh (em_uem_bas_0.msh and em_uem_basa_0.mmh) from packages\core\data\chargen.rim, renamed them to em_uem_bas_Zevran.msh and em_uem_basa_Zevran.mmh (not only file name, but also name strings NAME, MMH_NAME, MMH_MODEL_HIERARCHY_MODEL_DATA_NAME in the files), dropped both modified and renamed files in override folder, and finally edited Zevran_Final_Version.mor to change the eye morph from em_uem_basa_0 to em_uem_basa_Zevran. Then voila! I got both big puppy eyes for other elves and nice emerald-colored properly sized eye for Zevran.

The morph is still not going to display correctly, because the morph was built using the Bioware head mesh and not the tmp7704 mesh that your game is using... if you are happy with it, though, that's all that matters. Glad you were able to find a workaround.