Crashing on racemenu

Spellar

Load a save from before you modified your character. (racemenu settings are "save file" specific, unlike Bodyslide changes, which affect all saves).

If you wisely saved a preset of the changes you made while the original racemenu instantiation was evident (ie, when racemenu was enabled before it was disabled), then you should be able to now open racemenu (with the character that doesn't have any changes) and then apply the preset to regain your changes

If you were not wise enough to do so, you'll have to readjust your racemenu sliders. This time, make sure to save a preset! (said with a friendly smile and a bit of sympathy, not trying to be snarky. I've made the mistake of failing to save my presets - both bodyslide and racmeneu - and suffered for it. Several times. it's a warning, not a diss)

• 1 year later...

Racemenu works perfectly ..... as long as I FIRST disable KS HDT-SMP hairs, and Yundao Hair w/Physics. If I EVER try to equip either of them in RM, or even the wigs they provide outside of RM, I get instant CTD's.

I wish someone could explain WHY and WHAT I can do about it. And yes - ALL mods are current to my game version, incl. SKSE64, SkyUI, Racemenu, Engine Fixes, USSEP, etc.

I have repeatedly monkeyed around with my load order for over a week now, and 4 new game starts - this issue has been ongoing - but nothing I do works. I am beginning to suspect that this time it is either the two hair mods, or the Physics Engine itself that's at fault here. I know, I know ....... a mod being the cultprit - unthinkable, because everyone knows mods are never at fault - it's always player-error ..... NOT!