sniper rifle magazine-reloads problem

As the tittle says has anyone else out there have came across with this bug for the sniper rifle magazine misaligned position after reloading...its very clearly on custom weapons since vanila sniper rifle magazine is too small and cant be noticed if you dont look carefully, that the magazine tend to move a little closer to the grip (-x axis)...anyways does any one have ever noticed that problem(s)?

As the tittle says has anyone else out there have came across with this bug for the sniper rifle magazine misaligned position after reloading...its very clearly on custom weapons since vanila sniper rifle magazine is too small and cant be noticed if you dont look carefully, that the magazine tend to move a little closer to the grip (-x axis)...anyways does any one have ever noticed that problem(s)?

That tends to happen on custom weapon models, sometimes authors forget to apply the changes in the 3D modeling program. It also happens if the author moved the magazine mesh in Object mode, rather than Edit mode, the node is misaligned then. Everything looks fine until you start the reloading animation, then the magazine moves back to it's default position.

That's why I always double-check when fiddling with animated meshes like weapons, everything will look and work fine in NifSkope and GECK but will go to hell once reloaded in-game.

That tends to happen on custom weapon models, sometimes authors forget to apply the changes in the 3D modeling program. It also happens if the author moved the magazine mesh in Object mode, rather than Edit mode, the node is misaligned then. Everything looks fine until you start the reloading animation, then the magazine moves back to it's default position.

That's why I always double-check when fiddling with animated meshes like weapons, everything will look and work fine in NifSkope and GECK but will go to hell once reloaded in-game.

Yeah, but im not so sure that moving the magazine on custom weapons in edit mode by selecting all vertices will make it better since this happened to me,i do moved the magazine NiTriStrips in edit mode in 3ds max and then tooked that exported mesh and pasted over my custom weapon magazine NiTriStripsData and didnt make it better neither worked as it should...i don't think that is necessary to moving animation nodes at all since there is no point at it

Edited by koukouroukou1

i don't think that is necessary to moving animation nodes at all since there is no point at it

You didn't get it, and I think I f***ed up the explanation. Anyway, I wasn't talking about moving animation nodes, I was talking about object position that is used by the animation node.

When you move the magazine mesh in Object mode, you also change the object's XYZ position. If you move the position, export it like that and then align the mesh in NifSkope the position will appear fine and move fine, but only in NifSkope, in game it will glitch out because when you aligned the position in NifSkope, you also moved the node. After the reload animation is started, the node will move itself to it's original position, moving the magazine with it too.

If you work in Edit mode, no problems, as long as you don't move anything in Object mode.

That's how it works for me in Blender, I don't know a damn thing about 3DS Max though.

Its too shame that we are thinking the same and i do understand what youre saying but i dont get a result like you from blender...I dont know what it happens with 3ds max but i do what you or everyone would do in any 3d program like moving the parts in edit mode but when i export and try to paste over the same thing happens like if i had moved the parts in object mode...

Wanna take a look,here is some screenshots from another discuss forum

Exported from max in edit mode with all vertices selected and moved to the correct place

And after the paste over, it again lookes like i just copied and pasted over mine magazine on the vanilla magazine...