[WIP] Russell, a new companion by Someguy

someguy2000

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On top of the Hendershot glitch (standing on a pile of tunneler corpses still claiming "they're coming!") I had another weird issue. The screen would go totally black! I could still move around, see my AP and health bar, interact with other NPC's ( I had to find them in local map as I couldn't see them), couldn't see sh*t. Taking cateye 'fixed' the problem, so I whacked Hendershot, took his note and GTF out of Cholla mountain railyard, which was the ONLY place this glitch happened. It's the only place i've ever encountered this problem. In vanilla or modded levels. Didn't even stick around for looting the area. Any ideas?

Edited by ukjeeper

A "black screen" once you get beyond loading the game suggests you might have exceeded your graphics rendering memory temporarily. This might be helped by one or more of the suggestions in "Issue: CTD without warning, "Out of Memory error", or stops responding after the Main Menu" of the "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide.

-Dubious-

A "black screen" once you get beyond loading the game suggests you might have exceeded your graphics rendering memory temporarily. This might be helped by one or more of the suggestions in "Issue: CTD without warning, "Out of Memory error", or stops responding after the Main Menu" of the "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide.

-Dubious-

I wouldn't be surprised. I'm using an old W530 Lenovo with the K1000M graphics card. It does OK, most of the time. But intense scenes can overstress it. The armoury fight in AWOPNV makes it go 'nope, I'm out' every time (CTD). I had to TCAI just to get past the level, which sucked, obviously, as it looked like a hell of a time. I'm planning on getting a new card for my desktop soon.