Project

winstondg

It'll piss off Todd Howard when we fix his game.

Great question, I have several overhauls mapped out for Fallout and other games, including Skyrim, so it's worth creating a Patreon account or similar and gaining followers.

So same as me: nothing until we get support.

Fair, essentially Fallout 4 infers quite a bit of stuff but is actually very limited in what it presents to the player. It lets you pull out your gun, inferring realistic storage, when in fact it comes from the void. You can be crippled when shot, inferring real anatomy, but can heal your bullet wounds with adrenaline or sleep. Sure most games do this because there's only so much you can do, but the modding community shows just how lazy Bethesda was.

This mod intends to turn the game realistic, while finishing Bethesda's intended paths. Mostly I'm pulling concepts from other games and mods and compiling the best features to accomplish the desired result.

For example, the HUD: there was an old Skyrim mod (cant find it) that made the screen blur when low on stamina, drained color when low on magicka and tinted red when low on HP. Get rid of all the visible nonsense and replace with your real human senses; heartbeat speed/volume, double/blurred/tunnel/dim vision, coughing/sneezing/gasping, etc, add overlays to the screen when you wear glasses/visors, add HUDs to technological visors that display relevant data, expand available HUDs with craftable eyewear attachments. Most of this exists independently in the game and as mods.

Also, the Wheel Menu mod is fantastic but there really ought to be wheel menus pretty much everywhere in this game.

Another example is Inventory management. Backpacks of the Commonwealth did a great job with this, but I'd continue, drawing inspiration from PUBG: You can only carry what you have space for. If you want to carry an item, you need pockets or to be wearing a bag/pouch or armor with a bag/pouch attachment. If you want to store a gun, you need a sling to wear it or a holster to put it in. This would allow you to have a realistic amount of stuff (just because you're not carrying any junk doesnt mean you get to carry 11 missile launchers) Also, movement is affected by how much weight you are carrying vs your STR

I'm not interested in reinventing the wheel, more putting wheels on everything.

I've mapped expansion of most aspects of gameplay to make everything a believable and fluid experience.

(Then there's the content expansions and then there are all my themed mods I want to make but one wild horse at a time.)

EDIT: There are way too many incredible resources to even consider sifting through them all or including them all, so I will add that a focus is on compatibility and integration with monolithic mods such as Sim Settlements (1-2), Amor & Weapon Keywords, UCO, VIS-G, See-through scopes, won't list them all here, and to build as a framework for future mods to expand on. Really I want a community mod, where we open new concepts and integrate the best solutions offered by the community

Edited by winstondg