HELP! Skyrim won't launch after adding mods and a Skyrim Updat

Soradouble4

I've recently added a few more mods to my Skyrim using the Nexus Mod Manager. Everything was running fine up until I installed 4 or 5 new race mods and a Skyrim update. I've tried turning off the mods and everything, yet my Skyrim still won't stay open to get to the main menu. I really need help I don't know what to do!!!

If your game crashes before you reach the main menu, it is usually because you either a) have installed a mod without having one of its required masters active in your load order, or b) you have more than 255 active mods (not including simple text or mesh replacers that do not have ESPs).

If neither of these things are true, then I have some additional questions:

1. Could you post your current load order?
2. Have you cleaned all your mods using TES5Edit?
3. Are you using BOSS to correctly sort your load order?
4. Which version of SKSE(if you have it) are you using?

• 8 months later...

My Dawnguard is apparently the one that isn't working, but instead of crashing, my skyrim's continue/new/load buttons do not appear, and if I alt tab skyrim goes black. Here is the exact log from Tes5edit saying Dawnguard is the error : Background Loader: Fatal: <Exception: "Dawnguard.esm" requires master "Update.esm" to be loaded before it.> I moved update.esm in front of Dawnguard, but the problem still occurs. NMM Crashes whenever I try to uninstall a certain mod btw,

Edited by GuardsmanTheExecutioner

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

That is a Steam error NOT nexus related. It shows up in just about any Steam game not just Skyrim

Try this first: http://s1.zetaboards.com/bbenlibrary/topic/4912979/1/

If that doesn't work try this - delete the Steam ClientRegistry.blob file

First stop and close out of steam. Go to where you installed steam. Usually in C:\Program Files\steam. The ClientRegistry.blob file is in there, delete it. Start steam again.

• 8 months later...

My problem is the steam launcher crashes then restarts and crashes with out the game starting its self. As of now i have uninstalled all my mods and have attempted to verify the game cache though steam, though it failed, i then tried to fine an ini file and i see nothing that is an ini file. Now i have uninstalled Skyrim hoping that by reinstalling it will fix it. And my gamed worked fine yesterday, i shut down Skyrim and restarted it multiple times with out issue but this morning it started gave me the error code some one posted above then it closed and it hasn't started again.