New to modding: dumb question

ArgonianBeggar

So I've only started modding last month but I have some questions mostly about vortex. When I updated vortex it changed the folder for mods and downloads to {Userdata}\{Game}\mods and {Userdata}\mods, should I be worried about this? Again I'm new to mods so I'm sorry this is such a stupid question. Are there any helpful modding tips I should know?

I've been using the default locations Bethesda assigns, since I began playing. It has caused no issues here. In fact, it has made life relatively easy.

However, you say "when vortex updated it changed the folder assignments", which implies you had it set up differently before. That could be a problem.

If you get that sorted out, (since it would imply you've installed mods to non default locations in the past) you should be ok.

Tips

1) Don't fight Vortex and try to make it into a clone of the MO2 school of modding.

2) Make sure to read the mod descriptions thoroughly and make sure to install any mod dependencies prior to installing the mod. Then check to make sure the game is stable after the additions, then and only then move to the next mod in your list of desired installations.

anjenthedog thank you for the reply, I should clarify a few thing. When I originally installed vortex I made two desktop folders to place my mods and downloads in, I haven't ran into any issues also after I saw the folders selected changed I ran skyrim and found no issues. I don't plan on getting anymore mods so I'm unsure of anything needs to be fixed, skyrim runs fine and I've stopped downloading mods.