Intimidation is clearly broken. There should be a fix.

KlinkKlink

Bumping an old post.. but speech checks were one of the most poorly implemented and broken parts of the game.. we need the checks from Fallout:NV where we can easily see the criteria needed to pass the check!

I havent really looked into speechcraft, but the intimidate option should also look at other stats as you are doing much more then just talking. Having 'enough' speechcraft could send the message that you were a tough guy but i think hidden stats as well should play apart.

Riften Guard

Intimidate <66/52>

Okay, no charge for you, just get outta here.

Riften Guard

Intimidate <13/52>

Hah, that kind of talk doesnt scare me, now pay up.

I know this is an old post, but with how many times I've seen it requested, I'm sure there are still a fair number of people who'd like to see it done, and I had a bit of curiosity about the Speech mechanics as well.

First: Is there a 'weapon drawn' check? I remember in Morrowind (and Oblivion as well, I think) NPCs would have a lowered disposition toward you if you approached them with a drawn weapon. Perhaps Intimidation works better with a weapon drawn? (It'd also make sense that Persuasion would work better with your weapon sheathed. Ex. "Hey man, wanna go for a jog?" "...What's with the knife?")

Second: If there is a weapon check, is the related skill checked? (This would be sensible.)

Third: If these two things don't exist, is there any simple way to implement them? I'd imagine there's a standard script that handles most of the speech interactions, so maybe it'd be doable without manually editing each quest? (Ew.)

Any insight would be awesome.