• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Rangeout

Rangeout

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts
In response to post #90170378. #90179108, #90260693 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

It is a phenomenal site, but they collect a lot of data, you shouldn't feel too bad

vialaris632

vialaris632

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
this all sounds fantastic and well put. 

AFAIK both Brazil and Argentina have closed deals with some ISP and also Google to get more direct bandwidth from USA. Though the majority will be to improve google cloud services, it will also increase service and BW in general.

Edited by vialaris632, 15 February 2021 - 11:41 PM.

SteveB88

SteveB88

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
Nexus is still a problem in China. Although we can access it here, the downloads are painfully slow given that the premium users are getting a Singapore server and the free users have to download from Amsterdam or Prague. Although I suspect the GFW might be making the issue worse. 

I did read that Cloudflare have done a deal with Baidu in China to host their content on the mainland. I hope that the guys at Nexus can take advantage of that and give a further boost to Asia users. 

I would love to pay for Nexus but sadly it's only in paypal and they don't accept my Chinese credit card. Alas, we don't have Paypal in China. 

Still, keep up the good work guys, one day I hope I can contribute towards the service. 

SteveB88

SteveB88

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
Nexus is still a problem in China. Although we can access it here, the downloads are painfully slow given that the premium users are getting a Singapore server and the free users have to download from Amsterdam or Prague. Although I suspect the GFW might be making the issue worse. 

I did read that Cloudflare have done a deal with Baidu in China to host their content on the mainland. I hope that the guys at Nexus can take advantage of that and give a further boost to Asia users. 

I would love to pay for Nexus but sadly it's only in paypal and they don't accept my Chinese credit card. Alas, we don't have Paypal in China. 

Still, keep up the good work guys, one day I hope I can contribute towards the service. 

Sorry for the double post. I refreshed the page after it timed out, seems it posted it twice. Thanks again

Edited by SteveB88, 18 February 2021 - 10:03 AM.

Mipasa

Mipasa

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 702 posts
Did some testing today, the old cdn was fast around 1.5 minut per 3 gb, (which is still slow compared to steam where I can use my 1000/1000 maxed out)
Now its 3 min per 3gb on the new cdn
Tried Paris and Amsterdam and got it down to 2  min per 3 gb.
It's ok i guess, or at least I can live with it .

deanoman

deanoman

VaultDweller

• Premium Member
  • 764 posts
Thanks so much for the new CDN option, it solves all my Nexus download issues (very slow speed and frequent download cancels).

Now I get full line speed often and no downloads cancelled yet here in Australia.

Nice work Nexus!

YuuhiShimabara

YuuhiShimabara

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 1 posts
The download speed is now between 25 and 60 kB (kilobytes) per second.
First noticed on March 1st, 2021.

Before your last changes, I was getting 6MB (mega bytes) per second.

I've tried all of the Nexus download locations with no success.

6MB / s is the maximum download speed for my internet connection and I have no issues with other websites.

If you need to create a new pricing model, please let me know.
I never seriously expected a lifetime one-time payment account.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.971 seconds