Vortex spawn:eperm error

shadowman13
Go to solution Solved by shadowman13,

• 2 weeks later...

eperm is a permission error, meaning it has in some shape or form to do with windows security features, either an antivirus or file permissions or binary is set up to require admin rights to run.

spawn means it happens as Vortex is trying to start an application. Since you're saying it happens as you try to install a mod it's probably either the mod installer (which is part of Vortex and runs as a separate process) or an application that has to run as part of the mod installation, depending on the game that could be divine2.exe for Baldurs Gate 3, OpenIV for GTAV, the witcher 3 script merger and so on.

That's all I can gather from what you reported, more information would certainly have been useful.

I am having the same issue, and this is the only error code I am getting - Spawn: EPERM Error. I have uninstalled and re-installed Vortex 5 times now (every time I load it after that error it tells me Vortex is corrupted). I have tried it on 2 games (Skyrim and Cyberpunk 2077) and have uninstalled and re-installed both. Thinking the problem might be that I had the games (all Steam) on my D drive and Vortex on C drive I uninstalled everything (Steam, games, and Vortex) and re-installed everything on the C drive.

Vortex Version: 1.3.22

Games: Skyrim SE, Cyberpunk 2077

How Many Mods Installed: No mods installed right now

Environment: Windows 10, 64 bit operating system, RAM is 32gb

I can try and get the logs if you want them. I tried posting them here in a spoiler, but the forum would not let me - post was to long.

Edited by Rhallan

If Vortex reports that it has been corrupted that means one of its files were deleted or modified compared to what we uploaded. I don't think that detection would ever malfunction so if you get this message it means either you manually messed with Vortex or your AV software quarantined a file belonging to Vortex or you actually do have a Virus that infects Vortex as soon as it's installed. Technically it could also be a disk or filesystem malfunction but it's unlikely that would be so reproducible.

If Vortex reports that it has been corrupted that means one of its files were deleted or modified compared to what we uploaded. I don't think that detection would ever malfunction so if you get this message it means either you manually messed with Vortex or your AV software quarantined a file belonging to Vortex or you actually do have a Virus that infects Vortex as soon as it's installed. Technically it could also be a disk or filesystem malfunction but it's unlikely that would be so reproducible.

I have not messed with any Vortex files, as I have no knowledge on how to do anything safely with it.

I am looking into the AV, but it does not look like anything is quarantined. I am rechecking, and running another scan to see if something comes up.

The only time I get the corruption notice is after I close Vortex after getting the Spawn EPERM error and open Vortex again. Before I try to install a mod I have no issues opening Vortex (no corruption notice).

Edited by Rhallan