Vortex spawn:eperm error

shadowman13
Go to solution Solved by shadowman13,

I was losing my mind with this same issue on a new computer I got yesterday. Then I realized it had 30 days of McAfee LiveSafe or whatever it's called installed, which is a cumbersome and really annoying antivirus that makes it very difficult to add exclusions. I'm fine with windows defender, so after uninstalling McAfee, uninstalling Vortex, restarting the computer and reinstalling vortex, everything worked great!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was losing my mind with this same issue on a new computer I got yesterday. Then I realized it had 30 days of McAfee LiveSafe or whatever it's called installed, which is a cumbersome and really annoying antivirus that makes it very difficult to add exclusions. I'm fine with windows defender, so after uninstalling McAfee, uninstalling Vortex, restarting the computer and reinstalling vortex, everything worked great!

Thanks, same issue :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
I'm having the same issue. Please help...not sure why this started happening. I had 76 mods already installed and just started having this issue. Can't install any new mod; yet all of the current mods installed are functioning for now.
Here is the error message that I get.

ProcessCanceled: spawn EPERM
at Function.<anonymous> (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\renderer.js:5935:26)
at Generator.throw (<anonymous>)
at rejected (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\renderer.js:5891:21)
at tryCatcher (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\util.js:16:23)
at Promise._settlePromiseFromHandler (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:547:31)
at Promise._settlePromise (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:604:18)
at Promise._settlePromise0 (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:649:10)
at Promise._settlePromises (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:725:18)
at _drainQueueStep (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\async.js:93:12)
at _drainQueue (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\async.js:86:9)
at Async._drainQueues (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\async.js:102:5)
at Async.drainQueues (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\async.js:15:14)