CTD on save after several hours of the game working perfectly.

Ephemeralz

I started a new character back in...god I think November? Modded with 211 mods, the game worked like a charm with no crashes up until recently. It started with brief severe frame drops followed by a crash (which were very inconsistent and only happened twice) and the occasional loading screen freeze (autosave was disabled since day one). These progressively got more and more common at an exponential rate. Eventually, it got to the point where any time I quicksave or hard save, the game CTDs.

I made no changes to the mods installed, only modified the MCM a bit as time went on to rebalance some enemies from Immersive Creatures. I want to empathize the fact that the game ran flawlessly for multiple days of playing, so I'm confident that my load order isn't the problem. I will include a modwatch for it, and I'll also attach some crash logs if I'm allowed to.

Any help is appreciated.

Modwat.ch

Are you sorting with LOOT? You should never have esp files above ESM files. It looks like your load order is all out of whack. Your ESM files should all be at the top with the main ESMs always being first. That's most likely your problem.

Are you sorting with LOOT? You should never have esp files above ESM files. It looks like your load order is all out of whack. Your ESM files should all be at the top with the main ESMs always being first. That's most likely your problem.

My ESM files are all on top, did Modwatch mess the order up? Anyway, I figured it out. I literally just...verified the game files via Steam. Apparently the removal of the Bethesda intro was somehow related.