Edit Merchant Iventory

Dukemon

After I have created own Items I wanted to bring this equipment in the game without a console command. I switched into the Single Player Module, duplicated Bodahns merchant file and put it in the same module of my Items. After this I have added my Items to the Inventory Table of the merchant, exported this utm like I did it with my Items and the Headmorph and moved the file to the packages/core/override folder. But it seams it has no effect.

My items working because they can be added via console command.

Are you loading a save from prior to entering the party camp for the first time? Merchant inventories are 'baked into' your save as soon as you enter the area where the merchant appears.

For reasons of compatibility with other mods, the better way to add items to a merchant is via a PRCSCR script, rather than directly editing the merchant file.

Edited by theskymoves

Yes, they are talking about Microsoft Excel. DAO uses database files (suffix *.gda or *.GDA), and the source file for them are Microsoft Excel spreadsheets (suffix *.xls). The spreadsheet (*.xls) is processed with the executable ExcelProcessor.exe to create the gda file.

Another way to work with gda files is by using GDAPP.

In the Wiki they talking alot about Excel. But it is not meaned Microsoft Excel in particular, doesnt it?

If you are asking about generating GDA files, then yes, the wiki is specifically referring to MS Excel. There is another solution, though.

I've made many mods that use PRCSCR to add items to the world, and I've never used the Excel Processor for the required GDAs, even when I had access to MS Office. Instead, I've always used GDApp.