RX 6800XT GPU

I know this has probably been posted many times and I know there are lots of reviews on YouTube but I just want to know some honest opinions. What do you think is better? I've seen the 6800 XT beat the 3080 in some benchmarks but I've also seen the 3080 beat the 6800 XT in other benchmarks. Is one card better than the other?

Hard to say. Just depends on whose reviews you look at. The Nvidia card has a MUCH larger market share.... but, that really doesn't mean much. I looked at three different review sites, and got three different opinions..... :D

1. 3080 is better in 4k and if you need or want dlss and raytracing.

2. 6800xt has a slight advantage in lower resolutions but it depends on the game. check the games you like and how it performs in these games.

3. watch the price.

If the nvidia card and the amd card are close I normally pick nvidia because of their driver and software suite track records.

I put some weight on what processor I am running as well. Nvidia just seem to play nicer with intel chips. :D

i run a (brand new) 3080 msi trio z lhr with a 570 board and 5600x amd cpu and it works perfectly fine and fast (userbench value 229 for 3080 gpu and 106 for 5600 cpu (both beyond expectations in the result). if there is a difference to Intel cpu it seems neglegible at least for gaming. i can confirm the nivida gpu driver setup works better and more stable than with my previous amd gpu setup (especially with bethesda games like fo4 and skyrim) but this may vary from card to card.